PDA

View Full Version : What are the stiffest springs you can get for the NOVA??

matt_densham
13-12-04, 10:55 PM
I need some stiffer springs for my nova. At the moment I am running Bilstein streelines ( I think thats what they are called), and they are far to soft as my 17's keep hitting the front arch. My Friend has the same car with 17's on but has stiffer springs and the wheels don't rub. So does anyone know any springs that are stiff enough to solve the problem. The springs need to be 40mm

cheers

Nick
13-12-04, 10:58 PM
the tolerance from car to car changes dramitcally, (mk or mk2) wheel offset e.t.c
His could just have a bit more space under the arches or a close wheel offset than you (to 49mm). Simple as.

G-max are very stiff springs, i have them and it's ruined my amp cos of the amount of road "feel" i get. It's herrendous. They do 40mm.

he may also have his arches rolled.

NickWalliams
14-12-04, 10:36 PM
You wont get much stiffer than billies mate. I have the 60mm kit and I feel every stone in the road. 17's will scrub no matter how stiff ur springs are!

Nick I find the g-max to be quite soft in comparrison to others? My mate has them on his gsi and his ride quality is much softer than mine was with a 1.6 engine? Maybe his 12year old shocks have somethin to do with it?

Chris Astley
14-12-04, 11:19 PM
on my car im running gp 'a' tarmac springs which are stiff with nova challenge bilsteins which are harder than any road shock, im only on 15's but never had problem, this setup could be what your looking for mate

dathers
15-12-04, 07:49 AM
17's are for posers.
Swap to 15's and your arch scrapage will be a thing of the past.
Plus it will handle much nicer.
Check the offset of your wheels,the lower the offset the more the wheels stick out,and catch.
Dave