PDA

View Full Version : Custom sill protectors?

dunova
13-12-04, 10:18 PM
Does anyone know anywhere that does custom sill protectors? It's not the kind of thing i would get normally but it looks like the previous owners got in and out the car with football boots on! :roll:

I want plain silver one's that say GSi, or GSi T40 but haven't founf anywhere that'll do custom one's. There's some on ebay that say GSi 16v (at a slant) and they look nice but i'm not a fan of fake badges.

Anyone had some custom one's made? Failing that, i could just get plain one's but i haven't found anywhere that do just plain one's :roll:

Nick
13-12-04, 10:22 PM
just get standard ones mate

IMO they look tacky + i think you'l find they either don't fit properly or are stick on strips.

They make them for pugs e.t.c where it's just a strip, not a whole moulding like a nova

so your doing a 1.6t40 as well ! geez, good thing mines got a twist to it :-P

dunova
13-12-04, 10:34 PM
So what's your 'twist' then? Bet mine'll be quicker :lol:

What do you mean standard one's? Just plain silver one's? Where from?!

Nick
13-12-04, 10:42 PM
standard ones as in the ones that come on a nova in the first place

Mines gonnabe on nos :-) 1.6 N-T40 ...... eventually. gonna take my time with it .

dunova
13-12-04, 10:49 PM
Well i dont have any standard one's :| Infact i've never seen any nova with 'standard' one's :|

You do know what i'm on about don't you? Like lockwood sill protectors?!

Nick
13-12-04, 10:51 PM
lol.... right..

as you get in the car, you mean the sill that is exposed when the door opens !? i.e underneath the bottom of the door (when the door is close on it)

that's the bit i'm imagining it as, I have Grey plastic mouldings that run along both of the sills on both sides. hiding all my speaker wires :-)

u want a bloody pic !?

dunova
13-12-04, 11:01 PM
lol yeah everyone has those plastic one's, i'm on about the one's that sit on the other side of them, these;

http://www.motormania.co.uk/product_details.asp?intDescID=353

now, back to the original question!!

Nick
13-12-04, 11:15 PM
lol they go where the plastic ones are !?

thats the only place i seen them on pugs, shatso's e.t.c

Jack
13-12-04, 11:20 PM
No, they sit here:

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/1020big4.jpg

...on the metal sill, not on the plastic bit inside. So the door covers them when closed.

dunova
13-12-04, 11:28 PM
Wwaahhhaayyy! We got there at last! Now, where can i get some plain or custom made one's :o

I might just make my own thinking about it. Get some nice shiney aluminium, cut it down to size, hey presto!