PDA

View Full Version : News Paper Reports

Matt EvoVI
13-12-04, 09:10 PM
FROM THE BRITISH NEWSPAPERS -

1) Commenting on a complaint from a Mr Arthur Purdey about a large gas bill, a spokesman for North West Gas said, "We agree it was rather high for the time of year. It's possible Mr Purdey has been charged for the gas used up during the explosion that destroyed his house." (The Daily Telegraph)

Irish police are being handicapped in a search for a stolen van, because they cannot issue a description. It's a Special Branch vehicle and they don't want the public to know what it looks like. (The Guardian)

A young girl who was blown out to sea on a set of inflatable teeth was rescued by a man on an inflatable lobster. A coast guard spokesman commented, "This sort of thing is all too common". (The Times)

At the height of the gale, the harbourmaster radioed a coastguard and asked him to estimate the wind speed. He replied he was sorry, but he didn't have a gauge. However, if it was any help, the wind had just blown
his Land Rover off the cliff. (Aberdeen Evening Express)

Mrs Irene Graham of Thorpe Avenue, Boscombe, delighted the audience with her reminiscence of the German prisoner of war who was sent each week to do her garden. He was repatriated at the end of 1945, she recalled. "He'd always seemed a nice friendly chap, but when the crocuses came up in the middle of our lawn in February 1946, they spelt out 'Heil Hitler.'" (Bournemouth Evening Echo)

================================================== ==

A list of actual announcements that London Tube train drivers have made to their passengers...

1) "Ladies and Gentlemen, I do apologise for the delay to your service. I know you're all dying to get home, unless, of course, you happen to be married to my ex-wife, in which case you'll want to cross over to the Westbound and go in the opposite direction."

2) "Your delay this evening is caused by the line controller suffering from E & B syndrome: not knowing his elbow from his backside. I'll let you know any further information as soon as I'm given any."

3) "Do you want the good news first or the bad news? The good news is that last Friday was my birthday and I hit the town and had a great time. The bad news is that there is a points failure somewhere between Stratford and East Ham, which means we probably won't reach our destination."

4) "Ladies and gentlemen, we apologise for the delay, but there is a security alert at Victoria Station and we are therefore stuck here for the foreseeable future, so let's take our minds off it and pass some time together. All together now....'Ten green bottles, hanging on a wall...'."

5) "We are now travelling through Baker Street... As you can see, Baker Street is closed. It would have been nice if they had actually told me, so I could tell you earlier, but no, they don't think about things like that".

6) "Beggars are operating on this train. Please do NOT encourage these professional beggars. If you have any spare change, please give it to a registered charity. Failing that, give it to me."

7) During an extremely hot rush hour on the Central Line, the driver announced in a West Indian drawl: "Step right this way for the sauna,
ladies and gentleman... unfortunately, towels are not provided."

8 ) "Let the passengers off the train FIRST!" (Pause...) "Oh go on then, stuff yourselves in like sardines, see if I care - I'm going home...."

9) "Please allow the doors to close. Try not to confuse this with 'Please hold the doors open.' The two are distinct and separate instructions."

10) "Please note that the beeping noise coming from the doors means that the doors are about to close. It does not mean throw yourself or your bags into the doors."

11) "We can't move off because some idiot has their hand stuck in the door."

12) "To the gentleman wearing the long grey coat trying to get on the second carriage - what part of 'stand clear of the doors' don't you understand?"

13) "Please move all baggage away from the doors." (Pause..) "Please move ALL belongings away from the doors." (Pause...) "This is a personal message to the man in the brown suit wearing glasses at the rear of the
train: Put the pie down, Four-eyes, and move your bl**dy golf clubs away from the door before I come down there and shove them up your a**e sideways!"

Mike
13-12-04, 09:20 PM
PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol: sum of them are hilarious!

Matt EvoVI
13-12-04, 09:26 PM
There's some realey good one's in there :lol:

General Baxter
13-12-04, 09:28 PM
:lol:

iv been on the thread about 4 times now just keep reading them over and over :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nick
13-12-04, 09:39 PM
lmao

anyone read the guardian today ? the article on the "Chav"

just depicting the chav

"Close by will be a their numerous suped up vauxhall nova's"

PMSL when i read that, evryone at work was taking the piss. even ppl who can't drive , MOFO's !

might have been the local lancaster gaurdian tho...

srs1
13-12-04, 11:30 PM
i aint a chav and my 1 litre nova aint suped up, so the gardian is only good for my sisters cat litter tray.

Chris
13-12-04, 11:37 PM
some good ones in there matt. Gave me a little chuckle

Mark
13-12-04, 11:50 PM
Well, they made me laugh...cheers!

Riggy
14-12-04, 12:32 AM
lol nice one matt :lol:

a11ova
14-12-04, 02:15 AM
well funny fella :lol: :lol:

epo
14-12-04, 08:17 AM
:lol: :lol: nice one :lol: :lol:

morrie
14-12-04, 08:55 AM
i got one in yesterdays daily record,saying that people who have loud exhausts and music will have their motor confiscated by the polis. wot a load of sh1t. I will look out the paper and scan it up to let u see it.

Philsutton
14-12-04, 10:06 AM
some good ones there, i had a good laugh at them

-Bruce-
14-12-04, 11:10 AM
lol they were good matt!! :lol: :lol:

bruce

Nick
14-12-04, 09:20 PM
people who have loud exhausts and music will have their motor confiscated by the polis. wot a load of sh1t. .

that is very true. Happened to me,

it's called the 2002 (IIRC) police reform act.

"prior to given warning, we have the right to confiscate and impound any veichle that is being driven in a manner that can be seen causing distress,alarm or annoyance to any member of the public"

they give you a written warning, which i got (your car is blaclisted for a year) next time you get stopped, they can legally confiscate your car and impound it without reason.

unfortunatly, the copper who gave me my warning was making the complaints up. so he got found out and demoted. I lost my powerflow system, but at least the car isn't blacklisted anymore ( was a nightmare for insurance)

Philsutton
14-12-04, 09:26 PM
thats why i have loads of trouble with my car, as they have to turn their hearing aids down when im in the area

Nick
14-12-04, 09:34 PM
well, once u get the warning, that's it. I'd bet you ????? that you'd get it confiscated.

it was a couple of bastard coppers from blackpool in my area tho, they were mainly responsible.

My powerflow system was stupid. there was no way to make it quiet. God help me if they'd have sound tested it.