PDA

View Full Version : any one with a decent bit of knowledge?

madcodling
12-12-04, 01:21 PM
well first things first:
i have a gte lump with a few mods and i cannot get it to drive properly no matter wat i do
ive recently put the lump in my spare black nova and i can get it to rev fine but it cant take off with high revs
it feels like its flooding and wen it gets going its sluggish.but i know this engine is quick as i got it off me bro in law and wen it was in hes nova the car dyed for no reasonit lost power and cut out .we tryed towin it to get started but it wouldnt turn over so we took it out and i stripped it down and replaced most parts like new belt water pump etc.
but i was wonderin if it could be something to do with the gearbox?
hopefully someone can help and know wat it is cause i cant be bothered changin the gearbox as a valver will be goin in soon
thanks

burgo
12-12-04, 10:58 PM
i cant see how it could be the gearbox mate. sounds like the fueling is dodgy, try getting your injectors cleaned

mattlin
18-12-04, 06:03 PM
check your ignition timing,i had the same problem with my dads beemer and i had to mess about with the dizzy

Aragorn
19-12-04, 10:27 AM
my old engine on gte management would run like shite cos of the ignition timing, although its ecu controlled the dizzy is adjustable and needs to be set correctly at idle for the ecu's advance map to work

MPP_RUSSELL
20-12-04, 04:47 PM
Sounds more like a loss of compression. This can happen fairly raapidly on engines, depending on the state of the oil and age obviously. Vauxhall engines are renound for suffering bore wear. Could be worth investing in a new set of rings, pistons and a rebore if you think its worth it. :wink: