PDA

View Full Version : need help passing therie

joeontherun
12-12-04, 04:46 AM
hi guys daft question i feel the hazzerd's just luck now as iv dont it 3 times now basicly its a fuckin joke but i think im to reactive and click to quickly any body got help on passing just booked anouther test telly = ?80 i feel like im being riped my brother got banned hes 19 im 21 he passed after his ban first time there at it i think any body got good tip guys

am really getting sick of trying all the time im begining to want to sell my car i was gona piper cam it in january but things seem bleek.

General Baxter
12-12-04, 09:36 AM
could you put a few full stops in there my little brain was filling with blood tryin to read that!

NOVA_GTEUK
12-12-04, 12:03 PM
Hi guys,Daft question i feel the hazard test is just bad luck now,as i have done it three times now.Basicaly its a f**king joke.But i think im to reactive and click to quickly. Any body got help on passing? Just booked another test for ?80. I feel like im being ripped off. My brother got banned hes 19 im 21 he passed after his ban first time.Any body got good tip guys?

I am really getting sick of trying all the time,Im begining to want to sell my car.I was gona piper cam it in january but things seem bleek.

There ya go corrected spelling and punctuation :lol:

Jack
12-12-04, 12:25 PM
What is it with the hazard perception test.... i know loads of ppl who keep failing that, ur not alone mate.

Luckily i'm an old fart so never had to do it :wink:

Mark
12-12-04, 12:28 PM
Luckily i'm an old fart so never had to do it :wink:

SNAP!! :lol:

dan-hipgrave
12-12-04, 01:09 PM
It caused me to fail my theory first time as well mate - just keep on trying. I went and bought one of them programs that contains the hazard perception test just so i could practice it, maybe you should get one as well so that you can get used to what they want you to click on..

Rach
12-12-04, 01:16 PM
sorry to say this fella, but it really does seem like the hazard perception is all down to luck.

it had just been introduced when i did mine...

i had a practice CD for my comp and i would never get similar results on it...

if you dont spot enough hazards, you don't get the points... and if you spot too many, you get points deducted because it thinks you're just clicking all the time to cheat...

even my instructor thought it was crap when i had to do it

Kruger
12-12-04, 01:54 PM
To pass the mentioned "therie test" might require you to get a basic grasp of written English, then I'm sure you might find answering the questions a little easier, alternatively you might find this site useful,

http://www.elc.co.uk/key-11100/p1-Music/p2-35/SubCategory.do

Zips up cardigan, and drinks the rest of my tea.

Adam
12-12-04, 03:15 PM
sorry to say this fella, but it really does seem like the hazard perception is all down to luck.

I would also say that, it depends whether your luck is in on the day.
I went into mine without knowing nothing about the hazard perception and easily passed it, some of the clips are quite hard to spot but others a 10 year old can tell whats going to happen. Just don't panic and click loads of times, only click on ones that you would have to take driving action over when they become a hazard.
And best of all, good luck. :D
Try here:-
http://www.2pass.co.uk/theory.htm
and there is a learner driver forum here:-
http://www.2pass.co.uk/phpBB2/

:+:

Ricks
12-12-04, 04:07 PM
it took me 3 times to pass my theory failed hazard part every time,but i passed my real test 1st time.

i got a tip for the one i passed and tht clip was to click as quick as possible for n e thing tht moves
just dont click ova 4 times in a certain amount of time or click ova 19 times for 1 clip.

let me knw how u get on.
it is all down to luck though and the funny thing is tht u cannot be taught it

joeontherun
13-12-04, 02:00 AM
Yea its really hard no matter how much i practice it seems to never get easyer i pass my questions with not a problom its so weard why they have a really anyoing part i tryed doing the therie in diffrent ways.

1st way only click on the main hazzerd! like the one which is the worst

2nd tryed clicking at sighns lights people walking on the path

I seemed to get more points for clicking every thing which i think is bullcrap the hazzerd does not prove nothing its just an obstical to stop people from passing.

Its a pitty there was not a method for this my brother passed 1st time after getting a re-sit and i got him to help me on the cd and he faild all the time i was like its a con.

Just booked anouther therie wish me luck :? 4th time

Ricks
13-12-04, 02:19 AM
good luck mate
ppl used to say 3rd time lucky but its shit its 4th time lucky
i passed my theory 4 th time and passed pratical 1st while my mate was the ova way rnd

SREmma
13-12-04, 12:17 PM
All i did on the hazard bit was to click as approaching the hazard ahead the once you are closer click again, because the earlier you notice it the more points you get on the test.

As for the questions i just read the highway code then did one of those question books that the driving schools bring out and whatever i got wrong went back and read the section in the highway code!

REALLY BORING i know but that is what i did and i passed it. :D

GOOD LUCK though mate :D

Matt Nova
13-12-04, 12:20 PM
down to luck mate i passed first time but by skin of my teeth

everything could be a hazard its confusing :lol:

Jack
13-12-04, 12:48 PM
1st way only click on the main hazzerd! like the one which is the worst

2nd tryed clicking at sighns lights people walking on the path
So what are you supposed to do in this test? Are you meant to click on things that are a hazard, or things that could be a hazard? Technically though I suppose you could say everything could be a hazard.

I seemed to get more points for clicking every thing which i think is bullcrap the hazzerd does not prove nothing its just an obstical to stop people from passing.
I suppose its there to test your observation skills, something the questions don't pick up on, and an instructor can't always measure during the practical.

But I see what you mean... everyone I know who's taken the hazard perception test has failed at least two or three times.

Stuart
13-12-04, 01:28 PM
maybe its a good way to filter out the potentially bad drivers that cant notice hazards.

excellent way to reduce congestion ;)

and surely the playstation generation can cope with a bit of look and click stuff.

dan_mk1
13-12-04, 03:27 PM
With spelling like that, no suprise you cant pass tbh!

novabex
13-12-04, 04:35 PM
it "theory"

and maybe you should revise...

i passed first time 8)

Jack
13-12-04, 05:01 PM
it's "theory"
:wink:

and surely the playstation generation can cope with a bit of look and click stuff.
lol yeah but they're too busy looking for powerups on the road ahead or trying to enter cheat codes :lol: