PDA

View Full Version : New use for brillo pads lol

Philsutton
11-12-04, 11:02 PM
Well being as my car also failed its MOT on noise level we needed a way to make it quieter. Instead of putting more siliencers in like we did last time i got some of those metal scrubbing pads for washing the dishes with an put them into the siliencer. Only thing was it was the ones with the built in soap lol. It actually worked on the car is so much quieter but it smells fruity when the soap gets hot.

Matt EvoVI
11-12-04, 11:07 PM
but it smells fruity when the soap gets hot.

LMFAO :lol:

A bit interesting me thinks when it comes to the imitations test
well some funny looks anyway :D

Philsutton
11-12-04, 11:07 PM
was thinking the same but it wont fail on noise anymore lol

Ste L
11-12-04, 11:12 PM
lol, would try that myself, but my exhaust is really quiet anyway :?

i want it a bit louder, but nevermind eh?

Mark
11-12-04, 11:12 PM
Like the simplicity of design!!

Philsutton
11-12-04, 11:13 PM
i would like it a quieter so i could do some track days an drive it at night without the whole police force after me

Matt EvoVI
11-12-04, 11:13 PM
"Thats right officer it's the new Glade air fresh model" :lol:

I will have to give it a go with the evo !!!

Ste L
11-12-04, 11:17 PM
i would like it a quieter so i could do some track days an drive it at night without the whole police force after me

mines that quiet, it sound just like my original exhaust, would like a bit of sound to it lol, but not overly loud.... like yours :lol:

Phil_G
12-12-04, 12:37 AM
heh,

could say they cleaned things up for you :lol: :lol:

hmmmm

I'll get me coat... :oops: :oops:

Phil

General Baxter
12-12-04, 12:52 AM
bom bom tish :lol:

Riggy
12-12-04, 11:16 AM
"Thats right officer it's the new Glade air fresh model" :lol:

I will have to give it a go with the evo !!!

PMSL :lol:

phill your a star mate :wink:

jkhilton
12-12-04, 11:33 AM
I have this problem with my evo. I got the Blitz Nur Spec exhaust and it is bloody loud!! apparently too loud for track days aswell :(

thing is, it comes with a little bung that you screw into the tailpipe to make it sound a little quieter, but from my experience, it doesn't make it any quieter, just a different pitch!!

lol, plus now all the material inside the backbox is burning away with the antilag, so I may have to try stuffing some brillo pads in there for a while :D

Jack
12-12-04, 12:20 PM
I can see this being the next Ripspeed mod :lol:

Mike
12-12-04, 03:54 PM
mine sounds like a tank! brand spanky new magnex system was on for less than an hour, then, "scrape" the dreaded speed hump monkeys got hold of it! now it blows like a whale :lol:

p.s. "speed hump monkeys" are monkey's with speed hump's of course! :lol: :|

Matt EvoVI
12-12-04, 05:31 PM
lol, plus now all the material inside the backbox is burning away with the antilag, so I may have to try stuffing some brillo pads in there for a while

Antilag and a sweet smell you can't go wrong :)

Nick
12-12-04, 07:17 PM
obviously as your zorst get's quieter it simply burns away the baffle. Or like phil.. your exhaust's might not contain any baffle

i got a police reform warning for my poweflow system, it sounded like a donkey in first

bwaaaarrrrrrrrrreeeeieiiiiiiiiihooooooo

Philsutton
12-12-04, 08:19 PM
i had a warning last year about my noise level, it wasnt my exhaust that was making the noise then though. It was my twin carbs but they didnt know lol

srs1
12-12-04, 08:21 PM
phil your a star!

as for jk, me and chris can vouch for how loud yours is. when chris an i were putting the signs up on the road for the mikey meet, we heard you coming.

burgo
12-12-04, 08:23 PM
phil your a legend lmao

Philsutton
12-12-04, 08:27 PM
thats quite worrying if you heard me coming, as my mate said i had better slow down an drive normally as we got to within a few miles lmao

Nick
12-12-04, 08:38 PM
phil your a star!

as for jk, me and chris can vouch for how loud yours is. when chris an i were putting the signs up on the road for the mikey meet, we heard you coming.

think he means JK phil....

Do the carbs really sound that good ? im gonna be running them on the 1.6T40..

Philsutton
12-12-04, 08:41 PM
oh yes carbs are worth it for the sound alone. Ive not had any since ive had my 2lt but once i get my car MOT'd again i have a nice set of 45s going on. :D