PDA

View Full Version : pedal boxes

PAG
09-12-04, 07:00 PM
just would like alittle info on them i know what they do etc but would like to hear from people who have them fitted in the road/track car!

whats needed to get all up and running? Pedal Box,Girling Cylinders,Balance Bar Aduster,Cylinder Reservoirs?

cheers lads

DrivingSpanner
09-12-04, 07:44 PM
more info needed on what you are thinking of.....

.... do you mean a floor mounted pedel box or are you talking about the type that fit and replace the servo that have a balance bar fitted in them... No experiance of them. But floor mounted pedelbox is a vast improvement on the standard pedels because you can adjust the positions properly to enable decent heal an toeing, adjust the brake bias to the right place for on track and place it all in the most compertable place for you when sitting in the car!!!

Clutch resivour???? the clutch in all nova's are cable opperated not hydralic actuation, very few road cars are hydraulic, although some are (seab 900 being the most notable along with some citreons).

Matt

nathan.
09-12-04, 08:03 PM
i had nothing but trouble with my old bias pedal box. everytime the engine jerked heavily it smashed my dizzy cap. i had to make a stabilizer bar to fit in between the engine and body to stop movement. then there was setting it up, rear brakes kept locking up, even on full adjustment to front brakes. i did have rear discs though!
it fitted straight onto the servo so i didnt loose assistance.
still got it in garage. not sure whether to fit it with out rear discs.

anyway

pedal box with adjuster
bias adjuster
2 x brake fluid pots
braided lines
2 x master cylinders (remember 2 different sizes .625 & .750)

if i was buying 1 again id buy 1 that dosent use the servo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/nathan1600/000_0574.jpg

PAG
09-12-04, 08:19 PM
seems like i did not know as much as i thought as i did not know there are 2 types i was thinking about the floor mounted type.

i think the F18 gear box is a hydro clutch perhaps could use that! if i needed to?

nathan.
09-12-04, 08:25 PM
might try fitting mine as i have standard rear brakes. the rear brakes was the only major problem after i fitted the engine support.

i think you can get some that bolt were your servo is, and do away with your servo.

i suspect it would be very hard to fit a floor mounted 1

Stuart
10-12-04, 10:14 AM
Ian has a Tilton floor mounted box for his car.

i just bought the master cylinders (a big one for the front and a smaller one for the rear) with integral reservoirs from www.trackstore.co.uk and then got a bias bar from cambrigde motorsport. so the box should only cost ?80 or so as opposed to the ?150ish or more from tweek/tas etc.

hydro clutches are for pussies lol

the discovery has a hydro, as does the rover 620ti i think most manual BMW's have hydros too

Chris_W
10-12-04, 07:16 PM
You don't need to find a gearbox with a hydro clutch. My beetle has a hydro clutch to go with my pedal box, and it didn't come with one from the factory. I've got a slave cylinder that pulls the clutch release arm on mine instead of the cable doing it. I can get pics of it if required.

Chris