PDA

View Full Version : Seized waterpump.

phil_sorensen
08-12-04, 05:21 PM
Not seized as in not working but seized as in I cant get it out. Iam rebuilding this GTE lump and went to put the cambeltback on. In order to tension the belt the water pump has to beturned. I have lossened the bolts and even got gripson it but it wont budge. Any ideas?

VXRALLY
08-12-04, 07:13 PM
if your putting a belt on it mate. i would replace it cos it will only leak if you do move it. if you decide to replace (only do if replacing) get a staight bar and hammer and hit it downwards. or take the pipe of the block and get a punch and hit it outwards. from the back of the water pump. oh and soke in WD40.

m.d.
08-12-04, 11:48 PM
they are a biatch to get out. had to beat mine out with a mallet

retrosi
09-12-04, 12:53 PM
if the previous belt was tensioned right you dont need to move the pump....theres a nack and you dont damage the belt doing it before anyone asks! but it is wise if the cars old to replace the pump anyway

m.d.
09-12-04, 08:25 PM
take the cam pully off and then put the new belt round the pully in the correct plce then pull it up into position again. jobs done

phil_sorensen
10-12-04, 01:38 PM
I tried that but the belt was to lose. I will have to beat the water pump out and replace it. Cheers guys.