PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty Changing Gear

Tazzy
08-12-04, 04:41 PM
firstly, im having difficulty selecting reverse, it doesnt usually want to go, so i have to be aggressive with it, which cant be doing much good for it, not sure whether the problem is steming from the gearbox itself or the selector!

secondly, its popping out of gear, sometimes when i go over a bump or even after ive selected the gear, itll pop out!

any diagnosis to these problems?

btw, its a 4-speed f10 in a 1.2i

cheerz!

silvernsqure
12-12-04, 03:28 AM
sounds like the clutch is on its way out!
verry easy job to do if u like gettin dirty!
jack car up remove the passenger side front wheel and if u look through u will see a cover plate! there will b a big bolt or allan key bolt1 remove this and look in there is a sir clip behind a bolt remove bolt and sir clip using sir clip plyers!
screw a long bolt of the same size ino the hole.!
get under the car and remove the back to front "D" shape cover plate wich is held in by 10mm bolts! directly under the gear box!
clamp the new clutch in a vice or similer and remove the clips! use thease clips on the old clutch in situe by depreesing the clutch and pusshing on! undo the bolts holding the clutch in place! return to the front wing and use a pair of long nose pliers to pull oyt the longer bolt u used and the clutch falls right out!
the rest is pretty much self explantry! replace clutch n reverse pusedure not forgetin relese baring wich comes in da kit