PDA

View Full Version : Anthracite GSi front bumpers ! urgent !

Nick
06-12-04, 06:10 PM
I've been scouring the web and magazines for an Original Anthracite GVP Gsi front bumper.

I'm not buying a Fibreglass copy, and i'm not buying a Painted/primed one.

I've recieved an email from www.tuning.co.uk or Online Auto-Sport as they are also known..

they say they have a Gsi front bumper in the Anthracite plastic finish, that's what they stock. Has anyone bought one of these before ? traveling is not an option and i don't want to get screwed over on mail order (after all it does cost ?138)

anyone know anywhere else to get one from ?

skud52
06-12-04, 06:34 PM
vauxhall!

Jim
06-12-04, 06:43 PM
I bought mine from there, delivery was good, and the bumper was in perfect condition. Don't understand why you've been having so much trouble finding one though :|

Jim

Nick
06-12-04, 08:44 PM
they don't have them at vauxhall, only painted ones !

a grey one comes up on the computer, but apparently, it's metallic grey sprayed. This came from a woman at vauxhall who actually rang me up :-)

good customer service lol :-D

General Baxter
06-12-04, 08:47 PM
sorry forgot about your PM!

im to lazy to nip up there :lol:

but they do have a big shop with loads of store space, i mean loads, so they hold a load of stock, just give them ago easy as that

they even had webber 48's in stock when i went to buy them, no waiting around :P

Nick
06-12-04, 08:49 PM
Scchhhwing !

lol cheerz baxter

i'm borrowing me mom's car so im gonna mish down at the weekend.. i'm gonna be bloody pissed off if they aren't plastic bumpers grrrr !

is it easy to find ?

Benn
06-12-04, 11:20 PM
the grey that it cums from vauxhall is the colour u want,
its a kinda matish grey, that most people just clean with bumper gel or back 2black,
its not a metallic grey,
ben

Ste_Nova
07-12-04, 08:17 AM
mines a vauxhall orignal

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/K368ARO/PA170001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/H252UWT/Picture_01.jpg

Snowface
07-12-04, 02:52 PM
did u get Vauxhall original skirts aswell ste? how much? fittings?

Benn
07-12-04, 05:52 PM
did u get Vauxhall original skirts aswell ste? how much? fittings?

sure i paided ?65

Nick
07-12-04, 05:55 PM
well, i've just ordered one from the shop mentioned above in litchfield. He said it's a original GM ahtracite finish, still wrapped up in the Brown GM paper !

i thought it was a bit funny that the so called "metallic grey sprayed" bumpers were the same price as the bumpers in primer, but that's what the spare parts customer services woman told me ! Essentially you'd be getting a spray-job for free !

rodgerq
12-12-04, 10:10 PM
they dont actually come "primered" like as you would think ie a spray on primer. they come as in the pics ste has posted. i got mine from autovaux, but online are just as good.

rodgerq

Benn
12-12-04, 10:25 PM
i didnt think onlines where gm stuff?

Nick
12-12-04, 10:25 PM
yep i got it now, was the right Anthracite colour.

arse to fit tho, the carriage bar didn't go on my new bumper in exactly the same place as the old one. so it took some patience

only managed to get one bolt thru the chassis legs on each side :-(

not goin anywhere tho