PDA

View Full Version : limited milege policys

Riggy
05-12-04, 10:38 PM
right as ive nearlt got all my bit sorted for my new valver

was just thinking , when its built its goin to be a weekend /show car only so im wondering

what type of policy should i go for and what type of companys should i phone (cant be hic they wont touch an m24 postcode :( )

will limit millege on it so that should help but can i get it insured for say weekend use only ? , if so how do this cover your car for theft durin the week ?

any other suggestions

Philsutton
11-12-04, 11:52 PM
im insured for limited milage on my 5 door with adrian flux, but mine insured all week

Dar
20-12-04, 07:21 PM
I pay about ?300 ish for my valver.

All I done was joined a motorclub and then phoned competiton car insurance told them that I plan on using it for trackdays and maybe some sprints (all true mind you) and that I want car insurance so that I could drive it to events and also drive it on the road to test new mods etc. I told them that I would do about 3000 miles a year in it and thats the quote I had, this includes all mods etc.

They just ask you what you have done to the car and then they want some piccys of the car and your club membership details. If you have an MSA licence they would want that as well. I however don't have an MSA licence yet.

I found them brilliant and a total breath of fresh air to deal with.

Hope this helps
Dar

Jack
20-12-04, 09:09 PM
I'd agree with Phil, make Flux your primary choice. Alternatively try Admiral/Elephant, they've been pretty good to a few of my mates - although it might be better to get a few quotes then go back to Flux, they'll usually try and beat or match other quotes.

As for insuring it at weekends only, its unlikely you'll be able to wangle that. And what would happen if it got broken into during the week? Knowing what insurance companies are like, they'll probably find some way of not paying out. Best bet is go for 24/7 cover just in case.