PDA

View Full Version : New Buyer Needs Help!!!!!!!

spitfire
05-12-04, 09:08 PM
heya,
ok i blame genetics for beeing a spaz :? but n e ways, ok i need to get a new car cause my micra has trashed it's flywheel and the cheepest anyone will fix it for is 300 quid which is what i paid for the car.....SO...
i'm 19 and i live in a low risk area with a garage.
i need to find a nice lil nova cause i heard that they rock!...lol but the questions are:

1. what model do i get?
2. how much would i be lookin for insurance third party only?
3. n e ideas where to get them?

plz e-mail me wid any news.
Much appreciated.
Geoff

Nick
05-12-04, 09:40 PM
1 - Probably go for a 1.4 SR, there's a big diffeence between Mk1 and the Mk2, personally i would go for a mk2, simply because they are a bit more refined IMO !

it shouldn't be bad at all on your insurance and they are quite nippy little things for what they are. the 1.2's and 1.0's tend to be underpowered int he grand scheme of things.

2 - insurance would be prty reasonable, i can't say as im not an insurance broker, but i'd say well under ?1000 as they are only insurance group 5 or something.... all depends upon your insurer, your convictions :o and any points you hold ? :|

3 - look on here, there is a "Cars for Sale section" you could pick a nice modded one up for ?700'ish.. maybe needeing a bit of work. Best way IMO is to go find one that a OAP has owned from new. They tend to be Clean, low mileage, good condition, un-thrashed and well looked after. That's what i did and i picked up an absolute stunner. Still not a major things wrong with it. Look for rust under boot carpet, rear arches, front arches and generally in the engine bay (strut mounts e.t.c)

Adam
06-12-04, 06:47 PM
1.4SR are group 7. So quite expensive to insure for what they are. I would get a 1.4SRI, same insurance as a 1400SR but 10-12bhp more.
As above check for rust just about anywhere, sills, suspension mounts,arches, bottoms of doors.
I would look in your local paper for a nova, in there they tend to be not modified, and in original condition.

SRimon
06-12-04, 06:59 PM
Get a local rag mate...

I see your from devon, look in the auto weekly thingy, i got mine from there, mines 90% mint, and i paid 525 for it from some old woman who took her kids to school in it...

I wouldn't reccomend and SR cos 99% of them are thrashed...

Get a 1.0 or 1.2 and chuck in a bigger engine :wink:

Mike
06-12-04, 07:28 PM
check boot floor for rust/ ripples in the metal work. And check under the battery tray for rust! :(

a11ova
06-12-04, 08:04 PM
1.4 SR would be my choice! nimble, plenty of potential and cheap to insure 8)

Mel
06-12-04, 08:55 PM
1 - Probably go for a 1.4 SR, there's a big diffeence between Mk1 and the Mk2, personally i would go for a mk2, simply because they are a bit more refined IMO !

No no no no noooooo..HAS to be mk1! Preferably SR or GTE :) (SR for cheaper insurance purposes).

When checking for the rust, check rear arches, chassis legs, spring mounts, inner wheel arches, engine bay, doors etc. Basically, look it over without missing an inch, that way you guarantee getting a better version.

Nick
06-12-04, 10:06 PM
No no no no noooooo..HAS to be mk1! Preferably SR or GTE :) (SR for cheaper insurance purposes).

When checking for the rust, check rear arches, chassis legs, spring mounts, inner wheel arches, engine bay, doors etc. Basically, look it over without missing an inch, that way you guarantee getting a better version.

NOOOOOOOO... this is what my car would look like if it were a mk 1 !
http://img13.imgspot.com/u/04/340/10/funnycar.jpg
lmao, not very pretty eh !?

spitfire
06-12-04, 10:48 PM
thanx for the feed back folks, :lol: i think i am edging toward a 1.4 SRi, cause that's waht the general feed back is! :P i don't wanna go ott with the moding, i already got a pretty decent sound system for it and a couple of 5 spoke shaddow alloys, oh and a flamer kit! lol...my car's gonna be fucked up!!!
i'm gonna have to wait about 2-3 months b4 i get it all sorted, money problems!! :evil: lol but i'll keep on here and update u on the progress...
thanx again.

Adam
06-12-04, 11:14 PM
thanx for the feed back folks, :lol: i think i am edging toward a 1.4 SRi, cause that's waht the general feed back is! :P i don't wanna go ott with the moding, i already got a pretty decent sound system for it and a couple of 5 spoke shaddow alloys, oh and a flamer kit! lol...my car's gonna be f**k up!!!
i'm gonna have to wait about 2-3 months b4 i get it all sorted, money problems!! :evil: lol but i'll keep on here and update u on the progress...
thanx again.
Good choice, you may have upset Mel though :lol:

Gunzi
07-12-04, 02:42 PM
If U can find one get a 1.4 SRi, it has more power than the 1.4 SR & GSi brakes and chassis
gunzi

spitfire
11-12-04, 12:02 AM
okies i seen this well sweet gte in exmouth devon and i want it!! simple mods done i think,,,,....looks like a novadose kit and sweet exhaust! GGRR got an insurance quote for a 1.6 gte but it was ?1100 with a ?300 exess...!!! :evil: Not amused!!!

still on the look out!!!