PDA

View Full Version : [b]How do i open the boot... with no lock[/b]

M.PEARSE
05-12-04, 09:06 PM
I have just brought a panel to put over the hatch so its smooth but i just want to know how do i open the boot without drilling a hole in the panel to get to it if any one knows what i shud get and do please let me no and if i have to buy anything if u no wat it is called thanks v much

Riggy
05-12-04, 09:26 PM
get hold of a centrel locking motor and if you de wipering the boot aswell use the wipers wires and connect to the motor

when you push the rear wipe the tailgate will pop open :lol:

James B
06-12-04, 12:08 AM
solenoid kit or summit similar from maplins for example, but got mine from local ICE/alarm shop for a tenner,

if you got mk2 i wouldnt recommend wiring it the wiper motor coz its too easy to accidentally flick it open when your driving along. Its possible to put relays in so it will only operate with ignition off etc to stop this problem but its a bit of a ballache, all i did with mine was run a 12v feed down the car through a switch and to the motor.

If you do go for this option try get a push switch rather than a flick switch. I had the flick style switch first but when i switched it on i didnt switch it straight back off and burnt out the solenoid

James