PDA

View Full Version : Door trim removal - the window winder!

Nova_Newbie
05-12-04, 08:18 PM
:evil: :oops: Are these things welded on! :oops: :evil:

I managed to get the OS one off easy, found the clip without too much bother but the NS I spent an hour an nearly ripped the whole door off.

Trying to make custom door pods from fibreglass (1st attempt) got the OS looking sweet, just wanted to crack on with the NS an I need the trims off to do it.

I can see why evry one goes foe leccy windows!

Admin, sorry if this should be in ICE, wasn't sure where it should go!

Philsutton
05-12-04, 10:04 PM
they can be a bitch the first time you do them, what i normally do is get a long thin screw driver and knock it off that way. Ive done it a few times now an have got it down to fine art

Spud
05-12-04, 10:29 PM
you can get a special tool for it from draper tools. part code is wwt

retrosi
05-12-04, 10:53 PM
or just get an old rag and pull it backa nd forth until the clip jumps of a bit then use a screw drive to flick it off.

Cassie-Nova
05-12-04, 11:45 PM
lever the winder forward away from the door and then slip a thin screwdriver to knock one side of the clip and hay-presto!

Where can i buy the spring clips from?

Lost em both - flew off some where! :)

Nova_Newbie
06-12-04, 12:31 AM
:D Cheers, I'll have a go in the morning, with hopefully better light and a calmed :evil: temper.

Nova_Newbie
06-12-04, 11:19 PM
:evil: Looks like I might need some new door trims! :(

Tried to get the damn thing off again today, ended up losing mi rag an ripping the trim over the handle, doesn't look like any damage from the front the hardboard on the back is a bit cracked.

I'll get a new interior in the new year.