PDA

View Full Version : Servo Question - Cav SRI or Nova GSI?

Nova_Newbie
05-12-04, 02:42 AM
I want to beef up the brakes after transplanting to a 1600SV, I'm fitting Cav 1800 SRI calipers and disks this weekend. I already have a master cylinder from the Cav 1800 SRI, I had planned to fit it to the existing servo on my 1.0 spin, I've now been offered a nova GSI servo and master cylinder complete. Being a tight git, is it worth forking out for the GSI nova servo an master cylinder or should I stick with what I've got?

Cheers for any help

Philsutton
05-12-04, 04:17 PM
i only use my old 1.2 servo/master cylinder on my 2lt and it still stops with out trouble. If you dont want to spend the money then dont bother as with just the brakes it'll be enough to cope

-Bruce-
05-12-04, 05:22 PM
well if you dont realy want to spend the moneuy on a GSi servo then dont. but it will help, but as phil says 1.2 servo's etc will work fine on ATE front brakes.

bruce

Nova_Newbie
05-12-04, 06:09 PM
fair enough, I'll stick the SRI mastercylinder on (if it fits!) and try running it on the std 1.0ltr servo and see how they feel, I gotta bleed the system when I get the calipers on anyway.

Didn't manage to get the calipers done today, ran out of light, got the GSI legs on tho, can't wait to give it a go tomorrow. See if it will stop the nose jumping up, it feels like your pulling a wheelie when you pull away!

Nova_Newbie
06-12-04, 11:44 PM
I have asked the question a couple of times... does the cavalier 1800 SRI mastercylinder fit the Nova Spin servo?

I'm guessing the bore on the SRI mastercylinder is bigger and should improve the brakes with the addition of bigger calipers and discs. they look like they will go but without trying I suppose we'll never find out.
No one seems to have tried yet or replied yes or no so Ill post an let you know if it does fit.

Aragorn
07-12-04, 10:16 AM
it might but im sure u need to modify the rod in the servo or the brakes end up on with the pedal fully up

Nova_Newbie
07-12-04, 03:25 PM
Seems like aggro adapting the rod to fit, I've been offered a job lot of bits, GSI mastercylinder & servo are among them. Might be worth having it then, I'll see how the new brakes are first, I might not need to beef the mastercylinder up. Got the brakes all done today took some piccies, I'll post them later.

Aragorn
07-12-04, 05:33 PM
gsi master cylinder is the same as all the other nova m/c's

only the servo was uprated on the gte/gsi/td/sri models

Nova_Newbie
07-12-04, 07:36 PM
The master cylinder came from a Cav SRI, not a Nova ran out of time today so Friday for mastercylinder now.

byd1380
20-12-04, 01:33 PM
I fitted a Corsa servo and master cylinder to my nova on top of the pedal box, really good job, the brake are brilliant, still have the standard 1200 calipers. Cost me 30 quid.

cheers

Ivan