PDA

View Full Version : eBay 500w 12"Subs - ?20! too cheap?

Nova_Newbie
05-12-04, 02:32 AM
I've seen some VRX 500 Watts 12" Sub Woofers on ebay an they're going for ?20! has anyone tried these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18805&item=5735027176&rd=1

I'm curious to see if anyone has tried these and if they're a worthwhile addition to my ICE

Alpine99
05-12-04, 10:18 AM
not worth it m8, add anouther ?8:50 for delivery

you can get 12" JLB sub for ?50 and they pack alot more punch, so my advice would be to save ya cash and get a JBL :)

te17@novasgonemad
05-12-04, 12:01 PM
i was running pro plus sound ltd eqipment at one point m8 until i blew the sub to pieces ( very hard to do) look there for some huge power setups (ie the magnets on these speakers are as powerful as fuk, anywayz after blowing it i bought a couple of those nasty mutants subs ?10 for two :) and i have to say it lads there is a big difference in the speakers but me being a bit of an ice head, i think that unless ur looking for deadly pure music ie show stoppers get something reasonable,

vrx have the smallest magnets in the world,
mutants are damn good for the money but budget stuff
jbl are shit hot, if you have a rather expensive amp the sound even better
vibes are wicked but to over priced
pro plus has to be the one for me

Nova_Newbie
05-12-04, 02:49 PM
I've already got a pioneer 12" sub and pioneer 6 x 9s, the rest of it is JBL (GTO 4000 amp), haven't fired the lot up yet, wirings done just wanted to carpet the MDF boot floor before bolting everything down.

Well I'll give 'em a miss and save mi pennies for a couple of 12" JBL subs.

Question: if you remove the spare wheel for ICE purposes (MORE SUBS), can you get one of those stupid emergency wheel things (like a pushbike wheel)? if so where can you put it?

cheers for the advice

te17@novasgonemad
05-12-04, 02:53 PM
i have a sw well with the wheel and a big enough install in the boot to match but i screwed all me bits down to the panel that lifts out so it all comes out in one bitother wise get a can of tyre well and and ciggi electrical pump and put it under your seat