PDA

View Full Version : '91 Nova td engine into '97 corsa td

jayseeblue
04-12-04, 09:24 AM
Firstly, apologies if this question has been asked before, the search facility does not work.

I've bought a nova 1.5 td 1991 complete car and was told the engine it will fit the Corsa 1997 td. I've left the engine from it and the 97 Corsa with the mechanic and he is concerned that it won't fit. He says that the engine mountings are different and has told me that the only way possible would be to strip the engine down to the bare block and head and turbo and even then he can't guarrentee that he can fit it! He hasn't removed the existing corsa engine yet so is only guessing at this stage. He also said that it may be a '?400 plus' labour charge.

Any comments on this very much appreciated as it is causing me a headache!

Thanks

jayseeblue

General Baxter
04-12-04, 10:03 AM
i THINK the mounts are the same,

but ?400 + labour is a rip, just do it your self really not that hard

ooo that reminds me what am i doing here got to rip my XE lump out

Ste_Nova
04-12-04, 10:10 AM
have to use most corsa parts.... corsa water setup etc.... it can be done i fitted a corsa 1.5td with a nova 1.5td lump

Philsutton
04-12-04, 04:32 PM
should be able to do it but like ste said you'll need to corsa bits to fit it to the corsa, like shafts mounts ect..

jayseeblue
04-12-04, 04:45 PM
Thanks a lot guys

Because of possible labour charge we decided to replace cylinder head as I had one spare. Took old head off- cracked 2nd valve!

So that leaves me with a spare engine. I'll look into buying a corsa with a dodgy engine and putting it in that when I have some space!

So, was the mechanic correct in saying that he would have to dissasemble the cam belt arrangement and possibly the coolant pump if he put the nova engine in?

Thanks a lot for replies

jayseeblue