PDA

View Full Version : 1.6l GTE

badboy09890
02-12-04, 05:23 PM
hi guys

i was wondering as soon i would like to get a gte engine and gearbox and make it the madest 1.6l around but.....

with out turbocharging or supercharging (NOS at a later stage mayb)

i was wonderin what is the best gearbox for quickness?
not topspeeed for a gte because lets face it i ant gonna rag my nova around at full speed am i know :roll: :roll:

are thorttle brodies a gd idea? (spelling?)

i also want my exhaust to be loud and mean a staight thourgh a good idea with a 4inch peco back box?

so what mod should i do to the 1.6l ?

i also know that it is a 8v ( just a lilttle bit shameful) can i upgrade it to a more better 16v by using a diffent block of something like dat?

plz help my guys i am new to this place

i am just makin plans for when the 1.2l engine goes

ty

GT-Dub
02-12-04, 06:31 PM
x16xe Engine - Then Tune it...

Alex
03-12-04, 02:01 PM
hi guys

i was wondering as soon i would like to get a gte engine and gearbox and make it the madest 1.6l around but.....

ok

with out turbocharging or supercharging (NOS at a later stage mayb)

fair enough

peco back box?

oh dear. Im not reading on

As Rexy says probably better off with the X16XE

Powelly5624
03-12-04, 03:08 PM
Have heard TD gearboxes are good in the GTE/Gsi.

Like the rest said, your better off getting a Corsa Gsi lump as it's more tunable

Stuart
03-12-04, 03:25 PM
whats your budget first?

the "best" gearbox is a CVT (consantly variable transmission) but a) there isnt onw for the nova b) they sound mega boring as it essentially holds the enine at a certain rpm etc.

a quafie SCCR F13/F15 cluster would be a good option with a 4.18 FD to give good potential acceleration and a moderate top speed

down from that is just a regular F13 CR withg 4.18 FD.

oh and a LSD is handy

engine wise for 8v is a bit cheaper to mod but TB's arent really adviseable as the gas speed isnt high enough for the 8v.

16v TB's can work if you have good head work, cams and bottom end done etc blah blah

just look through the features for the good 8 and 16v 1.4's and 1.6's

badboy09890
03-12-04, 03:40 PM
ok so is there any other engines that are cheap and i can put in a nova (would like a 16v) ty :D