PDA

View Full Version : quickest nova

Miester
02-12-04, 11:17 AM
was just wondering if anyone knew who had the quickest car on the site? and if you know how much power it has

Ben
02-12-04, 11:21 AM
At the moment most of the quickest cars are in Pieces, but when running..

Ricks will be the quickest turbo
Chris T will be the quickest 2.0l 16v
Dan's the quickest 1.6 8v

And will be a fight between Russ and CP for the 1400 crown

And Stu is the only one stupid enough to tune a 1.2 so he will win this by default only!

General Baxter
02-12-04, 11:23 AM
as bobo is my witness ill have the fastest 1.3

i new that T3 would come in handy :lol: (nuts to if im fitting it)

Al Wilson
02-12-04, 11:24 AM
Mine is the fastest non-mover. :wink:

Miester
02-12-04, 11:25 AM
what is the power of the turbo and also i am getting a 1.4 what would be better for speed and tuning the sr or the sri

General Baxter
02-12-04, 11:29 AM
what would be better for speed and tuning the sr or the sri

insure the mods ;)

Ben
02-12-04, 11:30 AM
I think in the region of 3-400BHP but he changes his mind so much i doubt even he knows!

General Baxter
02-12-04, 11:43 AM
but he changes his mind so much i doubt even he knows!

:rainbowa: :wink:

all i remember is i got it to put it on my 1.6, but that never happend, but i remember packing it when i moved :P

Stuart
02-12-04, 12:00 PM
if your going to stay 8V then id say the 1.4 sri is better as its head is hell of a lot better than the sr one, benji got 12bhp just by changing from the sr - sri head ;)

de fault best 2 words ever lol

Miester
02-12-04, 12:08 PM
one of my mates has had about 15 novas and reckons the 1.3 sr would be better because it is a lighter engine but between the 1.4 sr & sri he reckons the sr because it is a harder engine is this true?

Ben
02-12-04, 12:33 PM
but he changes his mind so much i doubt even he knows!

:rainbowa: :wink:

all i remember is i got it to put it on my 1.6, but that never happend, but i remember packing it when i moved :P

What the hell are you talking about?

General Baxter
02-12-04, 12:42 PM
i have no idea, im high on sheep skins!

Stuart
02-12-04, 01:01 PM
one of my mates has had about 15 novas and reckons the 1.3 sr would be better because it is a lighter engine but between the 1.4 sr & sri he reckons the sr because it is a harder engine is this true?

umm if the engine is lighter it will only be a matter of grams, so there is very little point unless its for insurance reasons

the bottom ends are basically yhe same from 1.4 - 1.4 so again no real gains there. as most 8v bottom ends (with a spot of work) are good for 150bhp (give or take)

Snowface
02-12-04, 01:20 PM

And Stu is the only one stupid enough to tune a 1.2 so he will win this by default only!

Actually i'd say Neil's (http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=769) is the fastest 1.6 8v (turbo).

181bhp!!

I'd agree with saying Dan had the fastest 1.6 8v N/A

:wink:

NOVA_GTEUK
02-12-04, 02:09 PM
Here you go The fastest Fwd car in the country :D

http://www.team-sti.com/webcontent/Stratford01/bg_stratford01_13.jpg

1/4 mile in 11.3 seconds :D
0-60 in 3.4 seconds :P
0-100mph in 7.2 seconds :!:
Terminal speed of 129mph
The Nova is 370bhp :o

Rick Draper
02-12-04, 02:27 PM
was just wondering if anyone knew who had the quickest car on the site? and if you know how much power it has

Fastest on site not in the UK. Rick

hendrix
02-12-04, 02:32 PM
wont that twin engine'd nova be the fastest??

NOVA_GTEUK
02-12-04, 02:34 PM

Fastest on site not in the UK. Rick

The bloke who owns that blue nova is on the site he rarely uses this site though...always to busy...But its also the fastest fwd in the uk :P

Ben
02-12-04, 02:46 PM

Actually i'd say Neil's (http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=769) is the fastest 1.6 8v (turbo).

181bhp!!

Does this car exsist anymore- NO it has a very large hole in the block so you can retract that comment now please.

As for Isaac Hunt's car he only comes on here to brag of times and its not running road legal anyhow.

NOVA_GTEUK
02-12-04, 02:50 PM

181bhp!!

Does this car exsist anymore- NO it has a very large hole in the block so you can retract that comment now please.

As for Isaac Hunt's car he only comes on here to brag of times and its not running road legal anyhow.

Im not starting an argument or anything lol but...Ade the guy who owns this nova...maybe he does come to brag but i see no harm in that after all the work hes done to it...why not :?

And in the question it doesnt say it had to be road legal ??

Therfore ade has the fastest nova on here 8)

Stuart
02-12-04, 03:03 PM
can it travel more than 1/4 of a mile at a time? ie round a track?
and still be fastest

Ben
02-12-04, 03:08 PM

181bhp!!

Im not starting an argument or anything lol but...Ade the guy who owns this nova...maybe he does come to brag but i see no harm in that after all the work hes done to it...why not :?

And in the question it doesnt say it had to be road legal ??

Therfore ade has the fastest nova on here 8)

Going to get like that then No its not the quickest as there are a couple of Regal staff on here so therefore the Boost beast is the quickest car on here.

nova---chris
02-12-04, 03:19 PM
ok im sure if someone devoted a car to 1/4 miling you could make it shit hot.

No brakes no cage no nothing 1 seat no clocks ect ect
Excess metal cut away from car / lightweight panels ect
200bhp xe or turbo + noz + scccr box+ the right final drive + slicks+ tyre softener + diff ect and any other bits u can think of lol!

I see no reason for gunning some serious quick times in!

But its much harder making a road legal car that quick!
A car that the suspension isnt higherd on or runs slicks ect ect!

Respect to the boys who do these times. thats what its about.
But for me its a bit of fun! Someone somewhere will take up the gantlet at some point!

Mike.
02-12-04, 04:40 PM
iff i wanted a real quick nova i wouldn't build it for 1/4 mile i'd build it for track day use, thats were novas shine :D

Rick Draper
02-12-04, 05:20 PM
iff i wanted a real quick nova i wouldn't build it for 1/4 mile i'd build it for track day use, thats were novas shine :D

If i was building a track car i would start with a car that handled in the first place, not a nova :lol: Rick

Nick
02-12-04, 05:45 PM

If i was building a track car i would start with a car that handled in the first place, not a nova :lol: Rick

ok, like this ?

http://www.exvitermini.com/pics/dcf7br3a.jpg

just a run of the mill 1350bhp skyline :-)

Engine redline: Exceeds 13,000 rpm (Stage 2 was 11,500rpm)

Best ET of 8.273 and best trap speed of 167.76 mph

epo
02-12-04, 06:35 PM
i thought neil was breaking his 1.6 turbo or re shelling it

jon_boy
02-12-04, 07:11 PM
bit off topic but havtn they got a skyline to 1800bhp now. so someone was saying at uni. was in a jap mag or evo or summin...

srs1
02-12-04, 07:42 PM
well if thats the case,

then phil suttons is going to be one of the fastest nova's on this site
and burgo's one too.

ncole
02-12-04, 07:56 PM
i think davs nova is the quickest running 1.6 (turbo) on the site and it is basically a gte lump with a turbo bolted on he doesnt even know whaty bhp its got but it runs a 14.2 qtr with a melted piston and a fooked turbo so i would say he must be nigh on 200bhp

andy16vturbo
02-12-04, 08:21 PM
you cant really say "who has the fastest nova?" it all depends on what you mean. ie flat out speed, 1/4mile times, track times etc.

ive seen 400 brake novas get lashed off modified xe novas, yet when the 400 brake one gets going nowts gonna touch it, mine was 320 and should be 350 when its back on the road.

fastest car i ever raced was an aston DB7 and i fucked him off, only to get beat later on off a bmw td all because i caught it wrong and started spinning,

basically my car went from a super car slaying monster to a fwd mess with too much power all on the same stretch of road,

but somtimes, depending on the conditions my 150 bhp xe nova is quicker than my 350 brake nova.

General Baxter
02-12-04, 08:34 PM
well bloody said

its not the power of the car, its how you use it :lol:

Nick
02-12-04, 09:10 PM
lol i think they've reached 2000bhp now.....

was reading Nuts the other day and there was a 36000BHP truck running 3 jet engines on the back, apparently they said it did 0-256mph in something like 6.5 seconds.

i don't believe it somehow... but it did beat an aeroplane from a standing start.

Nick
02-12-04, 09:18 PM
lmao, screw me silly.. it is fecking true !

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/jet-truck1.jpg

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/jet-truck3.jpg

36000hp ! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question647.htm

scott.parker
02-12-04, 09:37 PM
i thought neil was breaking his 1.6 turbo or re shelling it

LOL yeah he"borke" the 1.6 8v! and he is selling bits,and making a mad valver..

scott

burgo
02-12-04, 10:27 PM
j829nick that is fapping crazy lol

General Baxter
02-12-04, 11:06 PM
bahaha that nothing iv got 4 of them engines attached to a nova :wink:

does 0-60 in about 5 seconds and has 0.000000000002mpg :wink:

CorsaC20LET
03-12-04, 07:52 AM
I won?t say my nova is the quickest.
But it is pretty fast I think.

The speedo needle stops at 290kmh because it jams there.
But the rev meter keeps going up and that is in 6th gear.

Snowface
03-12-04, 11:22 AM
lmao, screw me silly.. it is fecking true !

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/jet-truck1.jpg

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/jet-truck3.jpg

36000hp ! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question647.htm

and it out accelerated a fighter jet!

And, if you want to get really picky------------
Neil's is the quickest 1.6 8v on the site lol.
It might not be in real life anymore but it is still featured on the site.

But i would say Dav's Nova is pretty quick, looking at the specs.

Marc
03-12-04, 11:34 AM
that twin engine nova with the 2 litre turbo engines init isnt english its a german (or a germany company) that made it wasnt it? anyway that was goin on about 600bhp tho its insane i thort 1 2litre turbo engine in a nova was made but 2, its fukin crazy! wudnt mid to have a drive at that then again i think we all wud like 2.

Ben
03-12-04, 11:40 AM
And, if you want to get really picky------------
Neil's is the quickest 1.6 8v on the site lol.
It might not be in real life anymore but it is still featured on the site.

Going to get like that then i would put money that Russ's 1.6 8v was quicker than Neils turbo in 1/4 mile.

Stuart
03-12-04, 11:45 AM
now now girls calm down

i will have the fastest car on the site :p

Ben
03-12-04, 11:48 AM
By de fault!

Snowface
03-12-04, 12:40 PM
that twin engine nova with the 2 litre turbo engines init isnt english its a german (or a germany company) that made it wasnt it? anyway that was goin on about 600bhp tho its insane i thort 1 2litre turbo engine in a nova was made but 2, its fukin crazy! wudnt mid to have a drive at that then again i think we all wud like 2.

its a joint operation EDS in Germany and Regal over here in England.

NovaNeil
03-12-04, 12:54 PM
Hello,

My 1.6 8v Turbo is dead! and it ran a best of 14.1 1/4mile.... which I believe hasn't been beaten....... yet :P

Ade (Blue Issac Hunt 11.3 sec Nova).... Has just sold his 2.0 8v Engine to someone on this site with a silver GSi..... And its being built as a track/1/4 mile car with Autronic SM2 ECU, Launch and traction control.... and Anti Lag.

I think that may be up there with Rick and Dans (if they ever finish theres :lol: )

Neil

Philsutton
03-12-04, 05:32 PM
i think this is might the fastest nova,

http://hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/p110073_image_small.jpg
http://hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/p110070_image_small.jpg

chevy nova though :D 1/4 mile in 8.9 seconds and over 1000bhp

david dixon
03-12-04, 07:13 PM
Well my nova is road legal and its got between 330 and 350 bhp and the nos hasn't been fitted yet, its got a six speed in aswel so should be decent on top end to.
only had 1 chance to try in on the strip and the weather wasn't best (october) and had to turn boost down to 12psi to get traction and got 13'6 @ 107 mph. i'll try again next year! :D

ncole
03-12-04, 07:18 PM
Ade (Blue Issac Hunt 11.3 sec Nova).... Has just sold his 2.0 8v Engine to someone on this site with a silver GSi..... And its being built as a track/1/4 mile car with Autronic SM2 ECU, Launch and traction control.... and Anti Lag.

this is wot dav is building but with a c20let

Mike
04-12-04, 08:36 PM
just to consolidate u all, mines the fastest 1.4 SR on carbs........ with a busted water pump :lol:

that chevvy nova is one mean mother hubbard! i want one.

karl Rowntree
04-12-04, 11:18 PM
You lot make me laugh! Mines faster, NO his is faster :lol:

What does it really matter, get out there and enjoy them be it on the strip or on a race track. :wink:

Karl

General Baxter
04-12-04, 11:22 PM
mines the slowest, its got no wheels :lol:

Snowface
05-12-04, 11:33 AM
last of the nova sr's, you say in your feature that you have got

Derestricted Rpm and Speedo.

whats that meant to do on an SR? lol.

Barn
05-12-04, 11:30 PM
1.4SR aint got a rev restriction on it anyway, lol

Col_Mk1
05-12-04, 11:41 PM
why u lot who think there are faster go race on a track :lol:

Snowface
06-12-04, 03:12 PM
1.4SR aint got a rev restriction on it anyway, lol

exactly my point lol.

And how it would make you go any faster is anyones guess.

Stuart
06-12-04, 03:37 PM

in english?

broody
06-12-04, 04:35 PM
i have the quickest nova...........

the quickest to get hit by other cars in a row :twisted:

scott.parker
06-12-04, 09:00 PM

in english?

LOL dont ask the impossible.. :lol:

scott

Philsutton
06-12-04, 09:08 PM
lets be fair he only spelt one word wrong, just needs to re-arrange them to make a sentence

m.d.
06-12-04, 11:26 PM
im not sure but i think i have the quickest 2l 8v.

nova---chris
06-12-04, 11:41 PM
Be intresting next year i think. My cars currently under construction. But if things get sorted within the time scale ive set then im sure it will run quicker pod times.

Engine mods will be the last thing but there is gonna be some. So there should be a fair power increase pushing the current 200bhp N/A to further extents. All good fun

Stu has now built a spanking new DTA loom for me and its awaiting me to plug up the electrics. Launch control is now an option also. (thanks mate)

So let the games begin! :twisted:

alxlaw
07-12-04, 12:07 PM
http://www.sip.ie/sip019B/horsecart/horse.jpg

(accurate reprisentation of the horse power under the hood of my 993cc BEAST)

antilagmakesmesmile
08-12-04, 10:02 AM
Going to get like that then No its not the quickest as there are a couple of Regal staff on here so therefore the Boost beast is the quickest car on here.[/quote]

Actually the boost beast is not the quickest car on here. It has only run an 11.4. Other times are just speculation, as there has never been any slips to back them up. So The Isaac Hunt Nova is the quickest Nova on here and in the uk.

Riggy
08-12-04, 10:10 AM
this post makes me laugh lol

the issac hunt nova is no more now anyway so it cant be the quickest

as neil now own the engine :D

antilagmakesmesmile
08-12-04, 10:18 AM

How do you come to that conclusion???. Do you know the guy that owns it??. The Isaac Hunt Nova is still in existence and will be racing next season.

srs1
08-12-04, 10:32 AM

How do you come to that conclusion???. Do you know the guy that owns it??. The Isaac Hunt Nova is still in existence and will be racing next season.

think you have answered that question now yourself. lmao

the shell still exsists.
but with no engine, it aint going very fast. lol

antilagmakesmesmile
08-12-04, 10:35 AM
I think Nova Neil can verify it has an engine. I can guarantee you it will be going very fast. :D

NovaNeil
08-12-04, 12:34 PM
Tiss true... At the moment it is a bare shell, but a engine is being built that quite frankly will scare the sh*t out of most people on here....

Single figure 1/4mile anyone :lol:

Neil

antilagmakesmesmile
08-12-04, 02:19 PM
Do you know what makes me sad though?. Anytime anyone posts anything about that Isaac Hunt Nova, it immediatley get's slagged off. I would have thought that the Nova/Vauxhall community would be really proud of that blokes achievement, but no............ all the usual comments start flying. "It's not road legal, "it runs slicks" blah blah blah. Who cares!!!!!!!!!! it's a vauxhall, it's a Nova and its bloody fast. Still not enough for some people though. :roll:

Mike.
08-12-04, 02:52 PM
theres nothing wrong with what the guy has achieved with it, the cars just not to everyones taste

Stuart
08-12-04, 03:05 PM
*yawn* boring post

everything will be slagged off by someone, eg what im doing with a 1.2 is "stupid and pointless cos its just a 1.2" anything stripped out is deemed (by muppets) to be "not road legal" and all that rubbish

who cares how its made fast. as things are built for a purpose like drapers car is built to be a bigass paper weight lol ;)

Matt Nova
08-12-04, 03:53 PM
exactly understand what cambridge and antilagmakesmesmile

is saying

a fast car is still a fast car no matter what its had done