PDA

View Full Version : mk1 to mk2

morrie
01-12-04, 04:50 PM
im currently modding a mk1 nova, and am putting a mk 2 dash in it. does any1 know if it is easy and are the heater matrixes the same. if any1 knows then that would be great.

cheers

boredbloke
02-12-04, 07:15 PM
Well the heater matrixs are well difeerent as are the heater cables,

I bought a mk2 one last week, trouble is there looks to be about a hundred wires everywhere! no jokes!!

This guy had neons, an alarm, central locking, and OMG!!!!

I've cut away most of em now but i'd reckon u remove the mk2 dash to find out what everything is and where it goes cos i'm well baffled!!

I was told it can be done in a day easy though

Riggy
03-12-04, 11:10 AM
yes it is an easy job and i did mine in under 6 hours with takin old one out fittin new one and fitting my digi dash by

basicall you remove ther mk1 dash a chop the plugs of the wires , then wire the new ends on by use of colour to colour wireing lol

the heater matrixs are the same - its just the bottom pannel thats different so you need to swap this over so that the new heater cables will fit

then just re- fit the new dash

morrie
03-12-04, 12:20 PM
ok, thanx guys, thats magic

cheers :D

Ceiron
03-12-04, 12:21 PM
Yeah Its easy to remove mk1 dash and fit mk2 I done it The only problem i had was Wires cos im 14 i dont know were thay go :roll: lol but yeah easy will look good too :)

morrie
03-12-04, 12:38 PM
ah, the good old wires,eh? riteo, ill just have to give it a go. im also putting a mk 2 front end on the beast, but thats not a problem :microwav:

boredbloke
04-12-04, 11:18 AM
No don't do it!!!!

It's soo not worth it!!! :cry:

Mk1's are the best yeah baby!!! 8)

morrie
04-12-04, 01:42 PM
wot bout mk1 with gsi bumper? :?