PDA

View Full Version : Cars not even on the road yet the tw*ts still get me

Philsutton
01-12-04, 12:22 PM
My car went for its MOT yesterday an came and came out with a prohibition order on it. Takes the piss really as it went for an MOT so i could get in on the road, but just so happens the ministry of transport was there. So i had to get a trailer just to get it 1/2 mile down the road to justnovas. I could under stand if i was driving it around on the road but i was getting it MOT'd. The police had been warned that i was picking the car up so they were ready to catching me driving it off. The minute my car would have touched the road they could have taken it off me.
Ive really had enough of these w*nkers, because i have to go through the police before i can get it back on the road.

Ben
01-12-04, 12:26 PM
That is a complete joke!

Riggy
01-12-04, 12:28 PM
arnt you alowed to drive it on the road to and from an mot test or has that changed now :o

Philsutton
01-12-04, 12:29 PM
yep you are, but as i have this gay thing on the car its not even allowed to be towed !! Exactly the same happened last year, i think thye just look out for my car where ever it is

-Bruce-
01-12-04, 12:38 PM
that is shocking. did you explain all this to the rozzers or did they just not listen? hope you can sort something out phil

bruce

Ryan3k1
01-12-04, 12:38 PM
It's sh!t ain't it! The Copper's came round my house & told me exactly the same!!!

Philsutton
01-12-04, 12:41 PM
well they were kind enough to do it when i wasnt there, so i had no saying in anyway it. I mean is it just me that has this kind of bad luck. whats the chance of them popping in when my car is there?

Stuart
01-12-04, 12:43 PM
they know the car lol

get someone else to book it in and dont say what car its for.

then the polics/ministry wont "happen to be there at the time"

or go to a new mot place.

-Bruce-
01-12-04, 12:43 PM
well if they know you and your car its very likely that they knew you were coming and could do this. can say i have heard it happening before.

bruce

Philsutton
01-12-04, 12:45 PM
can say i have heard it happening before.

Sounds familair that does, if its never happed before it'll happen to me with anything unles its some good then it wont lol

a11ova
01-12-04, 12:57 PM
wankers :evil:

hendrix
01-12-04, 01:22 PM
They got nothing better to do :roll:
has some1 really got it in for you mate????
What is this world comming to when theres all them rapists and murderers out there. They should be out doin real police work. Cnuts.
I got pulled the other nite for "speeding" but there was deffo no way I was because i was going slow looking for something. As soon as i saw them following me I started driving round in circles. They soon decided to pull me up. Started asking me to give them directions to where the car was registered etc. :evil:

~~joycey~~
01-12-04, 03:53 PM
:evil:

Stuart
01-12-04, 04:00 PM
its life, deal with it

Nick
01-12-04, 06:12 PM
i had a bloody stupid police reform act put on my car, meant if a police man found something "wrong" with it they would impound it.

Turned out to be a policeman logging false complaints about me, he's been demoted now :-D so it's off

You are legally allowed to drive to and from a MOT centre with NO insurance, or MOT.

That's what my local motorsport shop owner told me, and he should know cos he has to run his kit cars to the MOT shop when he finishes building them.

Dave
01-12-04, 06:19 PM
think the official line is you can run it to a mot test station where the car is booked into, and run it home if the car fails to where it can be repaired to mot pass standard

as for no insurance i doubt you could run with out it, your mate probably has traders insurance so would be covered for any vehicle under his care

what was the order served for?

Nick
01-12-04, 06:33 PM
yep "booked in" is what i meant. if you can't proove your actually running it to a registered MOT centre, and it's been booked then your screwed.

He was pretty adament that you can run it in with no insurance tax and MOT certificate.

he doesn't sell cars, he just owns a motorsport shop. he races F3 cars.. but he also has a few kit cars that he does up. When he finishes the kit cars he has to drive them to the MOT place, which is legal.

jon_boy
01-12-04, 06:46 PM
SVA place i think you can get to without anything as without that the car isnt registered as a car/roadveichle as such. only get to an mot if its booked in but i think you still have to be insured on it, just no tax or mot your allowed cos you cant get one without the other kind thing

Philsutton
01-12-04, 06:51 PM
This is the second MOT station ive used as this happned last year. It was for all 4 wheels rubbing, when i first but the wheels on they rubbed but i highered it back up an put spacers on so that it doesnt anymore so its not actually true. But they saw the scuff marks so they decide i cant drive at all. As i wasnt there i couldnt argue the point

benji
01-12-04, 09:58 PM
what's the problem then? your car's failed it's mot and if you drive it home they'll nick you? lol you'll be done for no tax, no insurance and no mot.

i think the law is that you can drive a none mot car to the mot center but you can't drive it home if it fails

Snowface
01-12-04, 11:08 PM
you can get your car MOT's upto 30 days before it runs out i think and then they just add on the however many days before.

You don't need to wait for it to run out so you should of booked it in earlier when it was still under MOT.

Dave
02-12-04, 12:11 AM
You don't need to wait for it to run out so you should of booked it in earlier when it was still under MOT.

there is a chance they would have still held the car anyway and deemed it unfit for road use for the exact same reason.

take some smaller wheels to the mot place an get it re-tested with them on as long as tread is legal and tyre sizes match should be ok :lol:

Ben
02-12-04, 11:29 AM
I always book cars in for MOT when im picking them up around the country, eg buy it in Liverpool get stopped in Brum and say its booked in in Bristol for an MOT LOL

Ste_Nova
02-12-04, 07:05 PM
you can also be driving it to a place to be fixed....

but it must be booked in... and you must have the fail sheet

benji
02-12-04, 09:13 PM
I always book cars in for MOT when im picking them up around the country, eg buy it in Liverpool get stopped in Brum and say its booked in in Bristol for an MOT LOL

have you been stopped for this and got away with it? and what about insurance

robb
03-12-04, 09:05 AM
More to the point, was it just put under that order for the tyres scrub marks? or was there more?

I have never had a problem with the police, only for when I went to Exeter and drove through the pedestrianised bit.

Ben
03-12-04, 10:52 AM

have you been stopped for this and got away with it? and what about insurance

Got a crazy insurance policy to cover me for stuff like this.

Al Wilson
03-12-04, 12:29 PM
Sorry to hear that mate. I had numerous problems with the police when my car was like yours - they loved the wires everywhere.

SREmma
07-12-04, 12:17 PM
That sucks they just pick on people :evil: they make me so mad :twisted: you can drive your car to a test centre for an MOT but without mot your insurence is invalid at any other time.

robb
07-12-04, 12:29 PM
That sucks they just pick on people :evil: they make me so mad :twisted: you can drive your car to a test centre for an MOT but without mot your insurence is invalid at any other time.

Yeah, that is so you can get an MOT to make your car fully legal and not invalidate your insurance.

If they didn't then I would be in business with a trailering service to MOT stations.

Philsutton
07-12-04, 07:07 PM
a few of the things they picked up on werent illegal or of any importance, things that passed last year. Like no rear seats which i know shouldnt even cause alarm normally but thats the poilce for you

Freak
07-12-04, 11:59 PM
1.6.1-- If a vehicle can be removed safely under conditions set out in the exemption then
this should be carried out if at all practicable.
1.6.2-- An exemption might be issued to allow a vehicle to be driven, or a trailer towed, to
a nearby place where it can be repaired. This will only be allowed when action
can be taken to ensure that this can be done safely. The decision to give an
exemption is at the discretion of the Authorised Constable.
1.6.3 --Police officers must not drive vehicles that have had a prohibition notice served on
them, unless the exemption notice allows it.
1.6.4-- If a prohibition notice has been served on a vehicle, and no exemption has been
given then it must not be driven on a road by any person until the prohibition
notice has been removed, unless paragraph 1.7.6 applies.
1.6.5 --A prohibition notice does not give the police any power to remove a vehicle from
the roadside. Any vehicle or trailer issued with an immediate prohibition notice
can only be removed from the scene using a suitable recovery vehicle or trailer.
The prohibited vehicle must be removed without it making contact with the road
unless an exemption notice is given, for example permitting removal of the vehicle
by a suspended tow. The owner or driver of the vehicle should be given the option
to arrange for the removal of the vehicle.

EVERY modified car driver needs to print off this in its entirety:
http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual/contents.htm
And carry it in their glovebox.
Far far too many police bend or make up rules, thinking they will get away with it. You do NOT require rear seats, and that is not a reason for MOT failure or prohibition, just the same as having no door handles is perfectly legal- yet 90% of the cops on the road will swear blind its illegal..
Muppets