PDA

View Full Version : Bad Week......and its only tuesday.

YellowTurbo
30-11-04, 07:05 PM
I haev had a bad week on sunday morning i woke up to my car being covered in paint stripper as well as my Turbo three other cars on the drive were covered :(

It is going to cost me about ?1100 to respray the car and replace three wheels :(

I have been offered really good money for it as it is with the damage i am just thinking of selling it, dont know what to do :?

Mel
30-11-04, 08:03 PM
Sorry to hear that mate, can't believe theres this amount of inconsiderable sods about.

It's up to you really. Do you want rid? If 100% yes, then do it, if theres some doubt tho, then don't.

a11ova
30-11-04, 08:45 PM
:evil: there are some right wankers about these days! they have no consideration for other peoples property and they are likely to have done it in jealousy. :evil:

GT-Dub
30-11-04, 08:50 PM
Don't suppose you've pissed anybody off latley have you...

I can't see some little kids walking up the street and just throw paint stripper over your car, Unless they have done it to ova peeps in the street.

Personally and depending on how much time etc you have spent on it I'd sell it, then start a new project, unless you haven't finished this one yet in which case, a full respray would be nice?

Think of this as a good thing, and just bounce back from being pissed off and giving up with cars fella.

NOVA_GTEUK
30-11-04, 09:35 PM
I thought that if paint stripper was thrown over your car...its a write off???

And even if you respray it does something to the new paint or something sorry if i sound thick lol but what i been told ?? :oops:

Phil_G
30-11-04, 09:37 PM
1) depends on value of car if you claim and cost of claim and

2) thats brake fluid apparently otherwise how can paint strupper be used on cars to go to bare metal

phil

NOVA_GTEUK
30-11-04, 09:45 PM
1) depends on value of car if you claim and cost of claim and

2) thats brake fluid apparently otherwise how can paint strupper be used on cars to go to bare metal

phil

Oh yes lol i had a blonde moment then...

Nick
30-11-04, 09:47 PM
to be honest, if it's a minted car. it's only a respray.

it'd be a shame to sell something you really love just cos it needs spraying.

or go for the ultimate street sleeper look and keep it half stripped :-)

GT-Dub
30-11-04, 09:48 PM
Paint strippers fine when resprayings concerned, However... Brakefluid Is the bugger...

Nick
30-11-04, 09:58 PM
it's a similar situation to this..

I bent 3 of my fox wheels.. and on a 1.2 i had the desicion to sell the car. or buy a new set for ?500 ish.

it kinda works the same, cos your turbo is probably twice as good as my car.

in the end i bought new wheels cos i love it to bits.

yellow nova
30-11-04, 11:37 PM
i seen the damage and steve i belive its brakefluid and that can be a problem sorry mate

YellowTurbo
01-12-04, 09:22 AM
Dave, its is paint stripper i found the can and the pictures i sent you were after i washed it off, it was like white creamy stuff i found out it is called nitromorx?

Ben
01-12-04, 09:43 AM
Nitro Morse is horrible stuff, nasty gungy stuff but your metalwork should be ok.

Who you upset Steve?

I will buy the car if you sell it :wink:

hendrix
01-12-04, 10:18 AM
my friend had brake fluid thrown all over his Spitfire last year. completely wrecked the paintwork. When he sanded it all down he discovered most of the car was filler. Bye bye 2800

Philsutton
01-12-04, 12:44 PM
Thats quite sad that is, but these sorts of people are everywhere. I hope you find out who did it

YellowTurbo
01-12-04, 06:26 PM
So do i, i will kill the bastards.

I wasnt actually aimed at me it was aimed at my girlfriends dads brand new Merc :(

Nick
01-12-04, 06:29 PM
nitromorse is nasty.

i got some GSi skirts that has been sprayed, n it removed all the paint and back to the plastic in about 30 seconds.. i didn't even need to do anythig with them after that

make sure you give it a really really good scrub before you get it sprayed e.t.c, as it probably has alod of silicon based substances in it = the paint basically wont stick.

Mike.
01-12-04, 07:59 PM
gutted for you mate hope you find out who did it

General Baxter
01-12-04, 08:01 PM
thats what CCTV is for

*aha the good old day, me in the nick for decking somebody who tried to nick my dust caps*

he was saying he was just walking passed and was doing me for GBH, i showed him :P