PDA

View Full Version : HELP! 2l16v transplant??

parrington21
30-11-04, 06:44 PM
ive pmed a couple of people but no resonce. phoned up a few companys about insurance and they said not till im 19. (jan 21st) i am def going to do it but dont know a lot, ive got someone who will do it for ?800 but im not sure exactly when i need to do it and how much money to loan, can you all help to tell me exactly what needs doing and how much you hink i will need to get, just want it done no modifications to it yet.
so: suspension??
exhauste??
engine bay?
everything really. im going to print this out and give it to the man so as much detail as poss please, thankyou ben :)

a11ova
30-11-04, 06:55 PM
Seam weld the engine bay, especially down the chassis legs and suspension turrets.
Need to modify the drivers side chassis leg to allow the alternator to clear.
Conversion kit consisting of mounts, driveshafts, antirollbar spacers, hubs, gearbox spacer, filter.
Uprated suspension (shocks and springs)
16v brakes
gte cv joints
full system exhaust (2 1/4 minimum)

Philsutton
01-12-04, 12:32 PM
antirollbar spacers
just do anyway witht he antiroll bar. You will need use a different oil filter bracket thing what ever it is called unless you want to run an oil cooler

Stuart
01-12-04, 12:39 PM
hubs??!?!?! WTF.

Philsutton
01-12-04, 12:42 PM
oh yeah you dont need to change them, i think it was pvd that suppied those kits. Cant understand why though

Rick Draper
01-12-04, 05:04 PM
oh yeah you dont need to change them, i think it was pvd that suppied those kits. Cant understand why though

If you looked into it you would soon see why they supplied new hubs :roll: :roll: Rick

Stuart
01-12-04, 05:44 PM
so they could take your money and run?

Philsutton
01-12-04, 07:07 PM
cant say i have looked into it really just makes sense to change the cv's instead of the hub??

Rick Draper
01-12-04, 08:21 PM
cant say i have looked into it really just makes sense to change the cv's instead of the hub??

To run big motorsport spec shafts you have to run big inner and outer CV's thus you need the hubs and or flanges machining to accept them. Rick

parrington21
01-12-04, 08:51 PM
what about money wise??

Ste_Nova
01-12-04, 09:16 PM
money wise use gte shafts and cav inners.... and keep a spare set of shafts in stock