PDA

View Full Version : NOVA FUSEBOX

B4 CON
28-11-04, 10:36 PM
just wondering. are all the fuse box's in a mk2 nova the same? coz the mk1 fusebox is different to the mk2

Aragorn
29-11-04, 12:08 PM
yer all mk2 fuseboxes are the same but some models will have wires missing (ie carb ones wont have the fuel pump wires)

best get a fuse box from the same model as you have

infact tbh if you have major loom wiring problems i'd recommend getting a complete loom from the scrappy and fitting that - u dont want a dash fire due to some dodgy repair job on the wiring

also shouldnt the monkey that burnt your loom welding the car be paying for this to be fixed?

Powelly5624
29-11-04, 02:26 PM
Hello People,

I found this post quite interesting! So can anybody tell me if i plonk a XE lump in a carb'd shell would i need to swap the fuse box? I have the xe loom and am planning on buying a full gsi/gte loom and making a complete new one but would i need the fuse box?

Thanks

B4 CON
29-11-04, 04:04 PM
bought a complete fusebox out of a j reg nova today thats a mk2 has i got a k. it has 8 inches of wiring on it. fucking thing cost me ?25 just hope it fits.

Ste L
29-11-04, 04:08 PM
I have the xe loom and am planning on buying a full gsi/gte loom and making a complete new one but would i need the fuse box?

the fuse box should be apart of the gsi/gte loom i think

Ste_Nova
29-11-04, 05:42 PM
bought a complete fusebox out of a j reg nova today thats a mk2 has i got a k. it has 8 inches of wiring on it. f**k thing cost me ?25 just hope it fits.

fuck that... i've got loads... should have asked for one

B4 CON
29-11-04, 06:14 PM
i didnt mind paying for the fusebox has the guy who welded my car dint charge me a bean coz of the problem he caused! just fingers crossed that it fits. has ive got my test 2moro (30/11/04)

Will F
30-11-04, 09:39 AM
Mate, I would have given you one! (Fuse Box)
I have LOADS! lol

I am probably not far from you either!

B4 CON
30-11-04, 09:47 AM
damn. things like this happen butt. i'll bare that in mind incase mine don't fit. has i would have ratherd 1 off a k reg.

Ste L
30-11-04, 10:01 AM
f**k that... i've got loads... should have asked for one

you got loads of doors, i asked you for one of them but you didn't give me one lol :p