PDA

View Full Version : astra gsi

Anonymous
21-12-01, 10:42 AM
has anyone got or driven an astra gsi i have had 3 novas now and was thinking about getting an astra are they quick compared to a nova gsi.i know they come fully loaded t/control abs trip computer etc.. just wanted to know what people think of these cars

Anonymous
21-12-01, 11:16 AM
slightly slower (only by about 0.1-0.2 seconds i think) than the Astra GTE 16v...

u can get a 16v Astra GTE for under a grand these days...electric everything, power steering, digi dash, PAS, rear discs etc etc

why not get one of them? very nice cars with 17s and a 40mm drop...

sod all cash for a very comfortable, stylish, 'electric everything' car...

what about a calibra 16v? they are goin for around the ?2k mark...they are nice and stylish and 17s & 40mm look sweet also...they have the 'electric everything' factor as well...

i'll probably get a calibra in a few years when i've had me fun out of the nova...

Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Red mk2 on white GSi 15s

Anonymous
21-12-01, 11:17 AM
but then again, Astra GSi's are goin for about ?2.5-3k now anyway :O

0-60 time is around 7.3 mate

Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Red mk2 on white GSi 15s

Anonymous
21-12-01, 12:04 PM
LOL contradiction Ged ;)

I'm with you Scotte, I too fancy an Astra Gsi when I get rid of the Nova, but I think I'm going to be keeping my Nova for a little while longer than planned, so I might look towards something a bit more sporty, say a new Celica. Haven't decided yet, but personnaly if you can afford it go for the Astra Gsi, I think the Gte is starting to look a little dated these days. Don't get me wrong, there nice, but I'd just prefer something more modern.

Anonymous
21-12-01, 12:53 PM
the astra gsi is shit hot, im getting one as soon as mr insurance man gets a grip and gives me a decent quote.

0-60. 7.3?? that mean nova 1.2s do it in 9.5? lol.

nah there quick cars but big heavy fookers that handle quite badly really! i still want one because they look brilliant.

Anonymous
21-12-01, 02:29 PM
2 of my friends have em they r top cars !
one paid 3500 for his j reg and the other paid 1750 on a j reg. belive it or not the 1750 one is cleaner but is totally standard, but thats how i would of preffered.

If it isn't kev it isn't worth it !!!

Anonymous
21-12-01, 02:40 PM
thought they didn't weigh that much more than mk2 Astra's? obviously i'm wrong, and so is Fast car cos they did a feature comparing a golf GTi 16v, a clio 16v and an astra gsi 16v...

obviously fast car got their figures from Max Power! lol

on ukcar.com it says it does it in 8.5

Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Red mk2 on white GSi 15s

Anonymous
21-12-01, 07:01 PM
astra gsi is bloated overrated and ???? u can get cav gsi's for ?800-?1700 ao why are the astras twice as much???

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Anonymous
22-12-01, 07:48 PM
Haha Jim -something more sporty like a Celica?
Nah m8 not even close;)