PDA

View Full Version : 1300 saloon radiator same as gsi?

dunova
25-11-04, 07:13 PM
My dad picked me up a new radiator today, and the bloke gave him one for a 1.3 saloon-my dad said it was for a 1.6 gsi and the bloke said they were exactly the same-is this complete bollocks?
I thought the gsi had a larger capacity and cooled up/down a lot quicker than the others?
I know the 1.3 one will physically fit but is the a difference? Cheers

-Bruce-
25-11-04, 07:36 PM
yeh there is a difference the gsi or gte rad is the same length wise but its deaper. your fan will still mount to it but not correctly.

bruce

Aragorn
25-11-04, 07:39 PM
the early cars all used gsi sized radiators, and 1.3 saloons didnt exist very long so will only be on early plate

dunova
25-11-04, 07:41 PM
the early cars all used gsi sized radiators, and 1.3 saloons didnt exist very long so will only be on early plate

Sorry dont quite understand, are you saying that it might actually be the same?

-Bruce-
25-11-04, 08:00 PM
yeh think thats what he is saying that it will be the same. kev will know better than me sorry mate.

bruce

dunova
25-11-04, 08:01 PM
Okay, that'll be good news if it is. I suppose i could just measure up both of them. Cheers for the info

-Bruce-
25-11-04, 08:03 PM
yeh get the mesuring tape out, or put them next to each other you will soon find out if its the correct item. sorry for confusion.

bruce

dunova
25-11-04, 08:09 PM
No confusion mate, i really thought they'd be different. Quite glad if they're not and i'll be able to fit it tommorrow and have the car back on the road again :D