PDA

View Full Version : anyone know this problem??????????

B4 CON
24-11-04, 11:34 PM
i recently had my nova welded under the front arch. when it was getting welded i had all the wireing to my fuse box burnt. the wireing has been done BUT!!! my sound system sounds terrible all crackly n shit. anyone know what it might be?

sTuDeNt
25-11-04, 12:07 AM
Maybe be burned sound system.

Try a different one if you have.

Phil_G
25-11-04, 12:29 AM
HI

Easy eay to test the fault would be to swap radios with a friend and see if yours sounds shite in theirs and vice versa. It could also be the Stereo was damaged by the electrical current used (presuming it was mig welding) and if so then there is no real solution but to replace it

If the other stereo sounds bad then you can point your finger quite clearly at your car. You may find that the Earth for the stereo was damaged at the same time the welding was done. If so then it is highly possible that simply replacing the earth would cure things.

Thanks

Phil

PS: not having a lot of luch are you? lol

B4 CON
25-11-04, 05:41 PM
cheers for that. i'll get on to it straight away.

DrivingSpanner
25-11-04, 06:48 PM
my money is on the balast resister on the alternator, it stops peaks and troughs cased by electical waves from a motor, alternator etc and stops radio interferance.... chances are that it screwed, you can actually be done by the police for that cause it can mess up there radios!!!!!!! you've been warned