PDA

View Full Version : Nova Heated Seats

Powelly5624
24-11-04, 03:50 PM
Hello Peeps,

I am thinking about heating my leathers for the winter and wondered what heating pads i could use?

I read the guide floating around on the net and it says to use Volvo GLS pads but the chances of finding one in a scrappy round my way is very slim also the price volvo quoted me made me choke on my cornflakes!!

I have the wiring sorted just can't get hold of a cheapish set of pads!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :wink:

Gunzi
24-11-04, 03:56 PM
I think u can put in calibra/cav turbo heating pads under the seat, sod the volvo parts!

Alex
24-11-04, 04:33 PM
i have heated seats in my nova. Pretty much all volvos have them. I found around 5 in my local scrapyard with them.

They are very, very easy to put in, only 2 wires.
Heated seat switched from a chavalier/calibra fit straight into the mk2 e/w switch console. Just prize up the middle section and they slot right in. My switches cost more than the pads themselves lol.

Powelly5624
24-11-04, 05:05 PM
Nice one Alex I only thought that certain volvos had them!

So which version (If you can remember did you rip yours out of then?

Also did you use a fog light relay for them?

:lol:

Alex
24-11-04, 05:09 PM
i couldnt be arsed with relays etc :lol: .
No problems after 2 years. a standard relay should be fine though.

Look at any old volvos for the heated seats. most have them, especially the estates. An easy way to identify volvos that have them is to look for the heated seat switches.

dunova
24-11-04, 07:01 PM
How do you go about fitting the pads under the seat cloth (or leather!)? I mean, i guess you probably just cut the cloth, insert the pads and stitch it back up? Is it difficult to do etc?

Wouldn't mind heated seats in the winter 8)

Powelly5624
24-11-04, 07:30 PM
There is a guide on nova-land.co.uk.

Nice one for the info Alex :wink:

Ste_Nova
24-11-04, 08:32 PM
no relay on the cav/cally leaters anyway....