PDA

View Full Version : corsa sri

seanp1
23-11-04, 08:12 PM
i went to look at a corsa sri today, i was just wondering what all the people on here thought of them. should i get one now i can afford it, or should i get another nova?

also, does anybody know if the corsa sri is a 8v or 16v?

Ojc
23-11-04, 08:23 PM
Early SRi's were 8v, later SRi's were 16v.

Corsa is'nt as fun as the Nova, but is less likely to be rotten.

seanp1
23-11-04, 08:26 PM
the engine is an ecotec, is this the 16v one or are they both ecotecs?

Chris
23-11-04, 09:24 PM
the 16v's were all ecotec's. They arent that bad. Personally I would go for the corsa

Philsutton
24-11-04, 01:28 PM
i'd got for a nova as they are more fun and the corsa is a bit overweight.

dan_mk1
24-11-04, 02:01 PM
*remembers the 'tetley' thread! lol*

Id go for the corsa, although it depends what you use it for...

epo
24-11-04, 05:23 PM
*remembers the 'tetley' thread! lol*

Id go for the corsa, although it depends what you use it for...

whats the 0-60 on the corsa and how would it go against a saxo vts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

scott.parker
24-11-04, 07:09 PM
Best off both worlds...

Find a nice clean shell(hard to do but a guy on her just did for ?450)

Then get the corsa 1.4 16v engine and slap it in the nova! :D

scott

Adam
24-11-04, 07:18 PM
I would go with the corsa.
Decent nova prices are going up, being seeing a few about for ?750, standard 1.2 nova.
You can pick up a corsa sri for about ?800.
And most corsas aren't rusty,yet.

seanp1
24-11-04, 07:40 PM
iv just bought the corsa this afternoon, mint condition, not one dent in it anywhere. its an m reg and i paid 1500 for it which i think is reasonable.

i bought it from a dealership but when i looked at the log book the last owner turned out to be one of my brothers old mates. had a quick word with him and he said its had some engine work that the dealer didint know about so im pretty pleased with it. havnt had a proper drive yet but its a lot better than my 1.2 nova.

scott.parker
24-11-04, 07:49 PM
iv just bought the corsa this afternoon, mint condition, not one dent in it anywhere. its an m reg and i paid 1500 for it which i think is reasonable.

i bought it from a dealership but when i looked at the log book the last owner turned out to be one of my brothers old mates. had a quick word with him and he said its had some engine work that the dealer didint know about so im pretty pleased with it. havnt had a proper drive yet but its a lot better than my 1.2 nova.

Right off you todle to corsa sport.net then....BYE :?

Just kidding :lol:
Glad your happy with it.

scott

seanp1
24-11-04, 08:00 PM
Right off you todle to corsa sport.net then....BYE

lol

i might get another nova and keep it off the road for a couple of years and do a valver conversion so that it will be ready for when i can afford the insurance.

Barn
24-11-04, 08:01 PM
if the corsa sri wasn't 'a lot better' than your 1.2 Nova then there would be something wrong! lol

my mate has a Corsa sport (M reg) 1.4 16v and it goes really well...although he cant pull away from me anywhere when there are a few roundabouts/bends around, thankyou Bilsteins,lol

Nah, I have often thought about selling my car and getting a Corsa, but I'm sticking with my Nova as its mint.

Would be nice to have PAS and ABS sometimes, lol

Dunno, maybe I'll get a Corsa GSI in the future

or maybe not...

Mike
27-11-04, 01:22 PM
u piad a pretty gud price for that! me mate piad ?1250 for an 8v SRi in white, L reg with 89,000 miles. now its got bout 110,000!! he got ripped anyway, cuz it had been clocked. actually done 150k!! ex demo corsa :lol:

Aragorn
29-11-04, 12:37 PM
PAS and ABS can both be fitted to the nova relatively easily

sdn2004
30-11-04, 11:06 AM
i went to look at a corsa sri today, i was just wondering what all the people on here thought of them. should i get one now i can afford it, or should i get another nova?

also, does anybody know if the corsa sri is a 8v or 16v?
Most now are 16v. http://www.wincantoncc.net/car/car1.jpg
my corsa!

dunova
30-11-04, 11:11 AM
I was considering getting a corsa gsi-you can pick up a decent one for between ?1750-?2000 which isn't bad, but they just lack the nova charm :D

GT-Dub
30-11-04, 03:49 PM
Early SRi's were 8v, later SRi's were 16v.

Corsa is'nt as fun as the Nova, but is less likely to be rotten.

Early corsa SRi's Were 8v with the very few motorsport shells Using a 16XE, They then changed to Sports usually all 16xe and then Updated the sport package (newer badges, door trims, handles blah blah)

I'd presonally go for a 14xe Sport N reg With the Single Red stripe :D