osf chassis at track control arm
os and ns sills
nsr wheel arch
os inner arch to rear of wheel
ns cv boot

What dya reckon its worth?

Mel
23-11-04, 08:12 PM
depends what work (body/engine wise etc) has been done on it.

I'd say around ?100ish.

rednova
23-11-04, 08:40 PM
theres a fair bit of work involved there mind to get it to pass ! sounds like the easiest option would be new front panel and just plate the rest - although what passed the MOT now may not when you come to get it done again eg inner sills(floorpan to sills) rear chassis etc. the parts wont cost much but unless you can weld yourself and have a lot of spare time then its gonna cost a bit

phil

Mel
23-11-04, 08:51 PM
Mine had the same sort of stuff wrong with it.

6 months later, 3/4 of the way through, everything replaced etc and i'm a happy bunny. (even more so when its fully repaired).

It was quoted around ?450 to have all that replaced, and it is a massive (long!) job..

But for the right price for the right car, it'll be worth it.

GT-Dub
23-11-04, 09:17 PM
I'll be welding it all myself at college, But the cars nothing special. Just a standard Mk1 Nova 1.2.

?50 they want for it, although its in york and its an arse to get home.

Chris
23-11-04, 11:39 PM
I wouldnt even say it is worth that. If you are wanting a cheap car, why not look at the auctions, I have had a few 'tidy' nova's recently from auctions. When I say tidy, I mean they didnt need much work doing for the MOT. Although if you are at college it would be good for the practice. If required I could delivery that to you for a cost, but not for a couple of weeks though as I am really busy

Chris

burgo
24-11-04, 02:51 AM
you can get alot better condition cars for that money leave that one alone mate!! keep looking

Aragorn
24-11-04, 09:27 AM
yer thats a lot or work tbh

i baught a rusty nova last october for ?50 with no mot - Kplate 1.2i

needed 2 sills and a spring, cost me ?100 for the sills fitted and ?10 for strut from scrappy

ive just put it back in for an mot this year and all it failed on was a tiny hole in the inner wing on the front (under where the airbox would go on a gte) and a knackered track rod end :)

fix that and i'll hopefully sell it on and get a few hundered

Riggy
24-11-04, 11:04 AM
what are you after a rolling shell or a runin car i have a rolling shell you can have

im only in middleton :D

DrivingSpanner
24-11-04, 05:50 PM
ummm riggy, sounds good, well the other one i would say they should pay you to take it away!!! you really should've brought mine boyo, o well your loss is my gain!!! ganna turn it into a real trackday beast!!!

GT-Dub
28-11-04, 06:52 PM
:'(

I know fella, Wished i had now to be honest, Save's all this Soddin hassle.

Ah well...

DrivingSpanner
29-11-04, 01:37 PM
:lol: :lol: 8) :lol: :lol:

Glytch
29-11-04, 10:32 PM
Id defo keep well away from it.
Look for a 1l or summit u can get cheap with as mint shell and buy that.