PDA

View Full Version : Important ! Liverpool vic ....

Nick
23-11-04, 05:49 PM
i know this could go in the insurance forum, but it's not really about specific insurance !

basically, liverpool vic have seemed to have changed their policy towards engine conversion/modified engines e.t.c within the last 10 days.

i know they've allways seemed to have stated that on their website, but she sed it's actually in force now. so they won't give me insurance on a 1.6 engine conversion.

well that was what the woman told me on the phone.

So basically, the wont insure engine mods/engine conversions now. only suspension/brakes/alloys/ice e.t.c

so boys and girls with XE's e.t.c i'd check it out before you find yourself in a crash with invalid insurance

scott.parker
23-11-04, 05:53 PM
Im ok im with flux,and they only charged me an extra ?169 for my xe and shocks,exhaust,brakes..etc

scott

Nick
23-11-04, 05:55 PM
yer im not saying ure not :-D

just warning people to check it out, im obviously not with liv vic, but it's what i've been told and i know alot of people are !

scott.parker
23-11-04, 05:58 PM
yer im not saying ure not :-D

just warning people to check it out, im obviously not with liv vic, but it's what i've been told and i know alot of people are !

I know but i was just saying so ppl know that if they want to swap to flux there well cheap..or if your like ste nova,you wont bother to tell the insureance..

scott

Philsutton
23-11-04, 06:00 PM
Im ok im with flux,and they only charged me an extra ?169 for my xe and shocks,exhaust,brakes..etc

same here, my xe is cheaper to insure than a standard sr :?

Nick
23-11-04, 06:02 PM
lol @ ste..

Ste_Nova
23-11-04, 06:48 PM
they have cancelled my 2.0 16v policy now... :x

but my 1.6 one is still fine :lol:

Chris
23-11-04, 10:37 PM
This was always a grey area. YOu could ring up and ask for a quote for an engine conversion and one person would say they didnt cover it, but you could ring back and get a quote off somebody else (maybe didnt understand what an engine conversion was). I have always stayed well clear

Chris

Matt Nova
23-11-04, 11:44 PM
I got insured with them other day, the day before they changed the system. Existing policys are ok its just ones after system changed I think.

one person sayin one thing and one another I have heard that before tho

Chris
23-11-04, 11:57 PM
Existing policys are ok its just ones after system changed I think.

I would ask Ste about this because IIRC they cancelled his XE policy over the phone?

Matt Nova
24-11-04, 12:06 AM
Existing policys are ok its just ones after system changed I think.

I would ask Ste about this because IIRC they cancelled his XE policy over the phone?

cheers for advice mate

they're still sendingme paperwork and that so nothing wrong at the moment :D

Chris
24-11-04, 12:10 AM
not until heaven forbid you come to claim.............

personally I would check it out. Get it in writing that you are insured for every mod (stated in writing) then you have covered your ass

Chris

Will
24-11-04, 09:58 AM
the paperwork will say nothing of the engine and if u ring back it wont be on record anywhere either :lol: :lol:

srs1
24-11-04, 10:03 AM
i am with priveldge on my xe conversion.
and it states.
50% power increase (from 1600)
through a engine conversion.

and it cost me an extra ?103 i think.

so theres another company too that is legit

Will
24-11-04, 10:21 AM
privledge

flux

hic

Barn
24-11-04, 01:17 PM
I'm with LV...I asked before I renewed my policy if they would insure my engine modifications and they said yes. Think I will get it in writing when they are on.

I 'updated' my policy the other week and told them about my Bilstein suspension, brakes, alloys and a few other bits and they sent me out another policy that said nothing sbout my mods just stated a different date as of when my policy started (ie the day I phoned). They said I should send the old one back but no way, just incase they try to say I havent been with them another year @ the end of year 2.

scott.parker
24-11-04, 03:05 PM
i am with priveldge on my xe conversion.
and it states.
50% power increase (from 1600)
through a engine conversion.

and it cost me an extra ?103 i think.

so theres another company too that is legit

Im supprised you didnt go with saga or more than... :lol:

Rach
24-11-04, 03:06 PM
LMFAO... :lol:

Nick
24-11-04, 05:43 PM
anyways.. turning into a bit of an insurance post.. buuutt

i need insurance on a 1.6 at 18 1 years driving ! are flux and HIC just for 19+

scott.parker
24-11-04, 06:12 PM
anyways.. turning into a bit of an insurance post.. buuutt

i need insurance on a 1.6 at 18 1 years driving ! are flux and HIC just for 19+

i dont think there like that mate,they should insure you on a 1.6.....i mean it's not a v6 beast :lol:

scott

Barn
24-11-04, 08:03 PM
well Liv Vic wouldnt insure me on a 1.6 until I'm 21 so from my experience I would say no chance unless you go on your parents name

srs1
25-11-04, 12:21 AM
very funny scott.

but i am older and wiser for it.

plus even with all my mods and my car just being more powerfull then yours, i still wont be paying the same as you now.

being older does have its benefits.

lmfao.

Col_Mk1
25-11-04, 02:39 AM
flux gave me qoutes of 1900 for 1litre nova and 2000 for a astra 1.4 :?

sainsburys gave me good qoute 1046 on astra m reg 3 door mk3 1.4 hi torque merit 8)

burgo
25-11-04, 03:01 AM
sainsburys gave me good qoute 1046 on astra m reg 3 door mk3 1.4 hi torque merit 8)

can you feel the high torque lmao

robb
25-11-04, 10:08 AM
I was refused insurance on my black one that is a 1.2 shell with a 1.8 Astra L lump in, they said I needed an engineers report, so I wrote one and when I came to ringing them up again I went straight through, she put 1.8 in capacity and the car was a 1.2 spin still. Cost me ?660 TPFT and I'm 19, been with them since me 50cc (80cc) days, so 3 years.

Quote then stayed the same when I put GSi spec on the inside...interior and motor, outside was still std bumpers exec, smoothed and all in shiney black.

P.S. CIS Insurance

Barn
25-11-04, 10:14 AM
edit

Benn
25-11-04, 08:36 PM
theres loads of this going around,
my policy has all my mods stated on it,
so they cant do anything to me,but a lot of people dont have that,