PDA

View Full Version : Returning parts to vaux?

krobinson
22-11-04, 07:35 PM
When my engine was built, everything was replaced new. Including a set of new hydralic tappets from vauxhall. However since first starting the engine, they have been noisy. The noise didnt go away after running the cam in, and driving it a few miles.

Steven Gault (engine builder) checked it out, and found them to be faulty, replaced them and the noise is gone.

Now i paid close to ?100 for these, and i'm not about to let that go down the pan. I think by law Vauxhall have to refund under this rule "goods were not fit for the purpose sold". But i have a feeling they wont refund. Im will find out for sure when i go on friday.

Anyone know where i stand?

Keith

nam
22-11-04, 08:35 PM
they "should" by law give you your money back as they are now fit for the intened job as you say. if they say they wont give you your money back then write off to trading standards and see what happens then.

RJM25R
22-11-04, 09:02 PM
Your problem is, can you PROVE that they were fitted as per Vauxhalls instructions.

Well worth a letter to trading standards!

Snowface
22-11-04, 11:06 PM
look at trading standards website.

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/cgi-bin/calitem.cgi?file=ADV0006-1011.txt

Alex Mac
23-11-04, 11:00 AM
Believe me guys

We are dealing with vauxhalls top sales man Geordy NIGHTMARE

This is the guy that does not even flinch when he says 'that will be ?2,463.87 plus the VAT now' then he asks 'do you want discount with that'
(does a cow eat grass on a sunday) of course I want discount and thats after you ask him about it

Bloody heart of stone

May the force be with you Keith :|

trading standards would run a mile from this guy :2gunfire: