PDA

View Full Version : head

James B
21-11-04, 10:57 PM
ok running a 1.4 SR lump in the motor and head gasket needs doing so thats all good

What i was wondering was about the head, i remember reading so many times about people putting the 1.2 head on 1.4 block but have to admit never paid much attention. Is this a worthwhile modification, compression is increased i think im right in saying but by what kinda figures?? Does anyone have any justificational proof that this mod is worthwhile?

I take it its best to put 14 cam and followers in 1.2 head too as this has a better profile, or is a Gsi better? while its all apart (again) might aswel fanny around a bit. No doubt ill get bored with it all again soon and take it all apart!

Cheers in advance

james

Riggy
21-11-04, 11:11 PM
yeah i believe its better to use the 1.2 head along with the 1.4 cam and followers

but you will have to use the 1.3 inlet manifold as the ports on the 1.2 head are round unlike the 1.4 which are square

:D

James B
21-11-04, 11:19 PM
yeah or could scan around for a manifold to accomodate some rather nice webbers :o)

Ok as odd a question as this sounds, i do a lotta driving and wondered just how badly the fuel consumption suffers after sticking on some webbers??

robb
22-11-04, 09:48 AM
A 1.2 head on a 1.4 with the 1.4 manifold is amazingly shi.te.

My mate has one running the above and it is slow. I have tried to get him to put the 1.3 manifold on but he has managed to get some bike carbs, 2 chokes each for each cyl. Just need to maccle them on there!

a11ova
22-11-04, 10:46 AM
At this time of year, your gonna have loads of fun with a set of carbs!!!

:twisted: :twisted:

Stuart
22-11-04, 12:28 PM
if setup right carbs are never a problem. ask dan, jim, benji etc.

the 1.2 carb head is the best flowing of the 1.2-1.4 (bar the sri me thinks) range, also you gain a bit more compression ratio which is handy.

its a good cheap mod if you have one to spare

James B
22-11-04, 01:44 PM
At this time of year, your gonna have loads of fun with a set of carbs!!!

managed every other winter of my life...just about :lol:

DrivingSpanner
22-11-04, 05:47 PM
i really dont see what all the fuss is about carbs and cold weather.... we survived for 60+ years of everyday use before injection became common, didn't we???

And you can still have the associated 'problems' with poorly set up injection.