PDA

View Full Version : Car Keeps Dying ??

DEATHCAT
21-11-04, 07:20 PM
hi i have gone trough 4 batterys now including a heavy duty deisel one but i can't seem to find the problem. i think it all happened when i had a short out on my sunvisor light but i fixed that and it still happens i blamed it on the alarm i had fitted a few weeks ago but they said its a L.E.D and it won't use too much power.

then they said its my system thats doing it but it only uses power when it is turned on IG. the remote wire.

i was thinking of putting in a new loom but i can really do that since i got my alarm pro fitted for ?140.

any ideas.

anyone know any wires i could look for while i working on my new dash.

thx in advance

Riggy
21-11-04, 09:29 PM
check your alternator is charging you battery right

DEATHCAT
21-11-04, 11:00 PM
yeah m8 it is been checked when alarm was fitted. ;(

James B
21-11-04, 11:04 PM
LED shouldnt never be draining battery to that extent. And system like you say wont drain if its all swicthed by remote wire

If your confident that the alternator is ok then you have a drain somewhere and you could end up pulling your hair out looking for it. I had similar problem once and it turned out to be a dodgy fuse!

Have fun

DEATHCAT
22-11-04, 09:57 PM
LED shouldnt never be draining battery to that extent. And system like you say wont drain if its all swicthed by remote wire

If your confident that the alternator is ok then you have a drain somewhere and you could end up pulling your hair out looking for it. I had similar problem once and it turned out to be a dodgy fuse!

Have fun

yeah but m8 the system is wired straight to the battery would this effect the remote wire ??

Aragorn
23-11-04, 03:29 PM
my mate had an ecu fault on a 1.2i where it would supply power to the idle stepper motor all the time (making the idle stepper buzz constantly with the car all turned off)

a new ecu was required to fix it

might be summat similar

try connecting an ammeter between the battery positive and the bttery + lead so that all the current flows thru the ammeter - DO NOT TRY TO START THE CAR

then get a reading - it should be miliamps at most, if your getting a significant reading try unplugging things untill it goes away - ie start with your ice, then your ECU etc try n isolate the problem that way

DEATHCAT
23-11-04, 04:30 PM
my mate had an ecu fault on a 1.2i where it would supply power to the idle stepper motor all the time (making the idle stepper buzz constantly with the car all turned off)

a new ecu was required to fix it

might be summat similar

try connecting an ammeter between the battery positive and the bttery + lead so that all the current flows thru the ammeter - DO NOT TRY TO START THE CAR

then get a reading - it should be miliamps at most, if your getting a significant reading try unplugging things untill it goes away - ie start with your ice, then your ECU etc try n isolate the problem that way

first off i did not know that a 1.2l standard nova had a ecu also where would i get a ammeter ??

also i do hear a buzzing noise when my car is nearly dead but i think its the immobiliser warning me its dying

Ste L
23-11-04, 04:33 PM
i did not know that a 1.2l standard nova had a ecu

1.2 injection - got an ECU
1.2 Carb - no ECU

DEATHCAT
23-11-04, 05:32 PM
i did not know that a 1.2l standard nova had a ecu

1.2 injection - got an ECU
1.2 Carb - no ECU

yeah m8 its a carb.