PDA

View Full Version : Component wiring

t0m
21-11-04, 04:30 PM
Hey, just a quick query guys. I have been given a new Component set of speakers as a gift which is nice and all, except i don't quite know how to wire them up. I been reading the user manual and it tells you nothing how to wire em up, just where to position em for best sound.

I have a picture of my crossover box thing I done in paint so you can see. They have the exact markings etc. In the box there is 2 5" Woofers and 2 1" Tweeters with 2 Crossovers and wires. Can you just gimme a quick clue where the wires go and in what order etc. back to the headunit or whatever.

Thanks.

http://www.t0m.dsl.pipex.com/gfx/crossover.JPG

epo
21-11-04, 04:54 PM
right the feed from either your head unit or amp goes into the amp side then w = woofer which is the speaker

i put mine in the door cards
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/epo_sri/speaker_pics_002.jpg

the last terminal are for the tweeters mine are mounted in the speaker grills iin the mk 2 dash

make sure you get + to + and - to - for best sound quality

SRimon
22-11-04, 06:55 PM
on this point...

what size can u get in standard door cards without pods?

Ive got 17cm ones i wanna get in, this easy enough? :wink:

epo
22-11-04, 06:56 PM
mine are 6" i think

Glytch
22-11-04, 10:00 PM
Just for the record, if you dunno which is the pos or neg on ur speakers:

Stick a battery accorss the wires
If the speaker moves outward then the pos is the wire connected to the pos side of the battery.
if the speaker moves inwards then the pos connection of the speaker is attached to the neg of the battery.

epo
23-11-04, 04:17 PM

If the speaker moves outward then the pos the wire connected to the pos side of the battery.
if the speaker moves inwards then the pos connection of the speaker is attached to the neg of the battery.

i honistly didnt know that mate

ive learnt summat new today :+:

epo
23-11-04, 04:18 PM

If the speaker moves outward then the pos the wire connected to the pos side of the battery.

i honistly didnt know that mate

ive learnt summat new today :+: