PDA

View Full Version : Lowered on 60mm springs

jonny_mcc
21-11-04, 01:07 PM
I've had the car lowered on 60mm springs for about a year now and thinking about getting the dampers to make it a bit stiffer. But i've heard horror stories about nova's suspension turrets breaking away from the car. Is this more likely to happen if i get harder dampers? And will a strut brace stop this?

Ste_Nova
21-11-04, 04:24 PM
i'd expect more damage with standard dampers as it's got more chance of crashing off the top

Philsutton
21-11-04, 04:51 PM
ive got very hard suspension on mine an i have got about 4ft air on a certain bridge near me, the turrets havent given way yet. lol

jonny_mcc
21-11-04, 06:54 PM
Nice one!! can't beat a bit of air! Anyone know who does good dampers for 60mm lowered springs.

namkeaps
21-11-04, 09:30 PM
i have a full gmax kit ... also heard good things about jamex or something like that

Chris
21-11-04, 09:34 PM
I have broken a few cars that the strut tops have given way. A lot of nova's out there now are getting very rotten, check the condition of the shell and around the strut tops etc

Chris

a11ova
22-11-04, 10:50 AM
like chris said, it all depends on the condition of the shell! if the trusty old rot has set in, then it may well come apart.

some spax are solid, my mate had them on his and it felt as tho he had welded them solid!

:twisted: :twisted:

Glytch
22-11-04, 09:35 PM
Depends on the condition of the car before hand.
My GSI was rusted to hell, lowered 60mm with matched dampers and a strut brace on the front.

The struts, lugs and wings all came apart, sad to see it go but it was a death trap waiting to happen