PDA

View Full Version : Swapping loom, anything to look out for?

PE4
20-11-04, 09:36 PM
Hi again everyone, I have got time to carry on playing with my nova again (just back from Basra, bout fekkin time!)

I have swapped the loom in my SR for a GTE one because I swapped the engine. I am about to start plugging everything in now, engine, lights, dash etc, is there anything I should worry about, or any common probs that I will come across before I charge in next weekend?

Also, the GTE engine has not been started since Feb/Mar, any precautions I should take when trying to turn it over?

Cheers

Steve

dathers
21-11-04, 04:34 AM
Make sure you re connect all the earth rings to the body work and make sure they are a good electrical connection.
I forgot to put the earth in the boot on and the fuel pump didnt run.
Dave

Philsutton
21-11-04, 11:10 AM
when you change the looms over dont pull the interior light connector down just cut it an re join it to the GTE loom. If you do pull it down then you will be there for hours trying to get it back up.

Glytch
21-11-04, 11:19 AM
when you change the looms over dont pull the interior light connector down just cut it an re join it to the GTE loom. If you do pull it down then you will be there for hours trying to get it back up.

The rear washer etc is easier than the light at the front depending on what year your nova is (i think). On the later ones you can pull the plastic thing off the column and stick a coat hanger down it or summit and pull the wire up that way.

Or even... not sure if they have a connector down near the arch end, if so you can disconnect it there and feed the standard wire down.

Im not being much help really huh?
Im putting a complete GSI loom in a 1.2 the next couple of days so if i run into any trouble I'll let you know. VIce Versa, if you run into any let us know.

Glytch
22-11-04, 09:40 PM
Wired everythin up today, no probs.
Ive taken photos of all the loom.

Is it worth me putting up a guid to the nova wiring loom in the articles section?

If so how do i go about it?

PE4
24-11-04, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the replies, I will be starting to finish it this week so hopefully it will be straight forward.

Ta

Steve