PDA

View Full Version : head gasket (e16se)

jay
20-11-04, 02:45 PM
currently doing a head gasket,not as bad as i thought! just wondering if theres anyhting else worth doing while its off,its gettin skimmed. the heads had port and polish inlet to match etc.gona give a good clean out!

inlet manifold gasket holes are square and covered some of the edge of the actual port! is it a cheap or pattern or something?

whats the best gasket to use,just vauxhall? what about the stretch bolts?

thanks james

a11ova
20-11-04, 05:28 PM
sounds like you have the wrong gasket set!!! Why not get re-worked valve guides and have bigger valves fitted! that should see you not far off stage 3!!

:twisted: :twisted:

Glytch
20-11-04, 05:48 PM
It's the wrong gasket, I had the same trouble with mine, it turns out that some dealers have the astra parts listed as nova ones?

Check all ur pistons while the heads off. Give them wiggle and hope they dont move. If you can wiggle :lol: them then u need new piston rings.

dathers
21-11-04, 04:37 AM
If the manifold and head is ported like you say,the gasket isnt bound to fit is it!
Fit the gasket and bolt the inlet on tightly,then take it off and you will see the marks where it hasnt squashed the gasket,these un squashed areas need trimming off as they are a 'serious' obstruction to flow.
Dave