PDA

View Full Version : 1.2i anti roll bars?

Matt Nova
19-11-04, 01:26 PM
Do they have them? would gsi ones make a difference

Philsutton
19-11-04, 01:30 PM
no they dont have them, well mine didnt away

Ben
19-11-04, 01:31 PM
Going to cause a bg row this post LOL.

If you have a moderately modified car then yes go for it or if full stripped out car with a cage, dont bother.

Matt Nova
19-11-04, 02:33 PM
They definately don't have them then?

I want great handling but for the road as probably won'y ever do track days

Stuart
19-11-04, 03:45 PM
see the great ARB debate in the faq's thing

1.2i' hatches didnt have them.

i fitted one to my 1.2 and it fcuked the handeling up a treat. it really added to the understeer!.

fit a rear one by all means but forget the front one

DrivingSpanner
19-11-04, 05:18 PM
ahh dont get me started on this one camb... might start making the adjustable one this weekend...

Glytch
19-11-04, 05:29 PM
Ive just fitted one to a 1.2 today with a GSI engine in and I well prefer the handling!

Matt Nova
19-11-04, 06:22 PM
so a rear one might be worth it :|

Aragorn
21-11-04, 12:00 PM
i found that although it had less bodyroll it had less grip on our shite roads becuase the slightest wibble or bump in a corner would really upset it and it would get very twitchy understeer

the whole point of it is so it induces understeer early to make it safer for joe public driver, if it starts to understeer with an ARB and u lift off your more likely not to end up sideways because it starts understeering earlier than without one

without it u do get less of a warning before things get nasty however as ive found out a few times

i'd say if youve got decent uprated suspension fitting one will deduct from the cars handling abilities