PDA

View Full Version : idle speed all over the place

tom_beverley
19-11-04, 11:59 AM
ive fiddled with the mixture and idle speed but when i press the clutch in sometimes it idles high at about 1400rpm and sometimes struggles at about 400rpm.

It has stalled a couple of times aswell when i press the clutch in or just have it ticking over.

The carb had loads of shite in recently which i have cleaned out and unblocked the jets and fitted an in-line fuel filter. Everything is put back on properly ive triple checked!

My car broke down yesterday the revs just dropped even when i had my foot to the floor and pumping the pedal didnt help either. I took the carb off didnt spot anything wrong so i put it back on and it started. Shortly after it happened again, the revs wouldnt go up and it sounded spluttery as fuck. A lad said that black smoke was coming out the exhaust. Anyway i pushed the car trying to bump it off but no joy so i left it for about 10 mins to see if it would clear itself, and it did.

Hasnt broke down since but still doesnt feel right, it feels a bit jerky when i first press the accelerator and when cruising it tends to feels a bit stop and go.

Any ideas anyone?

Stuart
19-11-04, 12:06 PM
lean off the idle mixture as its causing it to run too rich and inhibit the burn

rishness indicated by black smoke

~~joycey~~
19-11-04, 05:51 PM
av u checked all ur plugs?