PDA

View Full Version : Re Carpeting ??

DEATHCAT
18-11-04, 02:58 PM
hi i am going to recarpet my car my self but i was woundering how much black carpet in meters do i need to do this. thx in advance

epo
18-11-04, 06:18 PM
take your carpet out and measure up
thats the easyist way or measure it in situ

novaexplod
18-11-04, 07:01 PM
5 x 3 i think

novavalver
21-11-04, 05:49 PM
any pics of this being done befor?I was going to dye my grey carpet,didnt think you could recover it.

Cheers

*novadose*
21-11-04, 11:53 PM
Motorworld do a 1m x 2m roll for ?16 i think......

robb
23-11-04, 09:54 AM
Rip off......find an antique car restorer or boat/motorhome/caravan furnisher.

rednova
23-11-04, 05:57 PM
if you cant be arsed, i got mine from www.coverdalecarpets.com - not too pricey n its all ready cut edges binded heel mats fitted n ready to fit, sh*t load of choices about ?90 iirc

phil

DEATHCAT
23-11-04, 11:10 PM
if you cant be a***, i got mine from www.coverdalecarpets.com - not too pricey n its all ready cut edges binded heel mats fitted n ready to fit, sh*t load of choices about ?90 iirc

phil

hi m8 is that the

Blenheim
(Latex Backed)

?89.95

also is that inc p&p ??

boredbloke
24-11-04, 09:00 AM
:o ?90 to put n a new carpet!!!!! give over!

Do it yaself! just make sure you get foam backed carpet, and some strong spray adhesive!!!

it'll go in no probs!

And probly only cost ya about 25 quid!!!

You've still got to take all the seats out etc to fit the fitted carpet!

DEATHCAT
24-11-04, 01:52 PM
:o ?90 to put n a new carpet!!!!! give over!

Do it yaself! just make sure you get foam backed carpet, and some strong spray adhesive!!!

it'll go in no probs!

And probly only cost ya about 25 quid!!!

You've still got to take all the seats out etc to fit the fitted carpet!

m8 heres the email reply i god sounds good

Dear David,

Thank you for your enquiry. The price for a carpet set for a Vauxhall Nova hatchback is ?85.00 for a black latex backed carpet set plus ?7.50 postage and packaging to most areas of the UK. Please note that we do not manufacture moulded carpet sets, our carpets are cut and sewn to shape. If you would like a sample of our black latex backed carpet, please e-mail your full postal address.

Kind regards

Joanne
Coverdale (UK) Ltd.

rednova
24-11-04, 05:58 PM
yeah thats the one i ordered - it sounds a lot of money but at least you know its going to fit first time - it comes with all the holes for seat rails etc. get the samples first then pick your colour

phil

DEATHCAT
25-11-04, 12:57 AM
yeah thats the one i ordered - it sounds a lot of money but at least you know its going to fit first time - it comes with all the holes for seat rails etc. get the samples first then pick your colour

phil

im going with black harder to see dirt on it lol

also does the carpet come with rear arch carpet ??

also im going with a black theme in my car.

robb
25-11-04, 09:01 AM
Black shows up dirt worse than any.

My old car was black, that really needed to be washed every 2 days, but I couldn't be arsed.

I doubt you'll get arch carpet, that is moulded over, can't see it with parcel shelf on anyway.