PDA

View Full Version : How can i add MORE speakers?!

Cassie-Nova
17-11-04, 06:39 PM
Hey guys,

Currently running, 5" 180w fron speakers and 300w 6"x9" rears on the parcel shelf...got a 1200w 12" sub and a 250w Amp to go with it to fit as soon as i get the carpet...

My headunit can run all of that....

How can i add anoter set of 6"x9"'s - 300w, same as the ones currently in the rear...want to have 4 6x9s on the rear shelf.

How can i connect the speakers to the HU?
Will i need to fit another amplifer?
The HU only has 1 Preout, RCA's only for one amp!

How can i wire em in please?!

Cheers guys!

General Baxter
17-11-04, 06:42 PM
get a RCA splitter, so you can add more and more amps! :lol:

Cassie-Nova
17-11-04, 07:58 PM
Will that lessen the power going from the CD HU to the amps though?

Also, the bodged sub box i have "built" is kind larger than i expected, is there any problem with having the woofer laying horizontally in the boot firing upwards at the parcel shelf rather than having it firing vertically at the boot?

sm1thson
18-11-04, 03:00 PM
no, splitting the RCA's doesnt half the power, it does effect the quality slightly (the amount depends on the headunit) as the impedence is no longer 'matched', but that generally doesnt matter, sounds like your after volume over quality anyway.

the position of the sub does make a difference, there is science behind it but generally trial and error is the biggest player. pointing the sub towards the back of the car generally wins. your way may work well, there isnt a fixed rule, but i never like pointing subs at the back of speakers!

if you run the speakers (6x9) through a half decent amp you will be able to 'high pass filter' them this stops the bass going to them (the sub wil take care of that) so you can drive them much much harder (this alone will make more of a difference than adding more speakers!). -one advantage of an amp aswell you wont fry your headunit!

Cassie-Nova
18-11-04, 06:34 PM
So would it be worth the work and adding an angle to the box to make it point at the boot rather than the bottom of the parcel shelf/speakers?

Cheers for the detailed reply mate! :)