PDA

View Full Version : Front End Grill Pannel ??

DEATHCAT
17-11-04, 03:08 PM
hi i have got a problem with the whole front end of my nova it seems like its been in a smash in the past because the lights are crucked and the grill won't clip on properly is there any way of changing the steel pannel that holds the lights in and the grill without having to weld or cut ??

thx in advance

david dixon
17-11-04, 05:50 PM
No sorry mate, are you sure its not just the headlight holders have smashed and the grill clips? :D

DEATHCAT
17-11-04, 10:08 PM
No sorry mate, are you sure its not just the headlight holders have smashed and the grill clips? :D

well i have tried 2 grills and one side where the clip is over laps the wing and the other side won't stay in. the lights are loose i was thinking of getting all new clear lights when i get payed next but there exspensive.

oggy
17-11-04, 11:17 PM
u can get a repair panel for it supernovas do one just for the lights

http://www.corsacentre.com/pages/ShopDetails.asp?ProductID=1848

have a look

DEATHCAT
18-11-04, 02:31 AM
yeah looks good but would it need welding on also the hole cars a bit fissy i mean it works an all but the bumpers have got a screw on each side of the front and back ones like its holding them on there rusted to hell and i can't get them off to put new screws/bolts in would i need to drill them out or just saw the head off ??

Aragorn
18-11-04, 12:28 PM
prolly had a front end shunt thats snapped all the bumper clips hence why its screwed on

tbh i'd get shot of it unless u get it properly checked out and its not bent in anyway

DEATHCAT
18-11-04, 05:31 PM
prolly had a front end shunt thats snapped all the bumper clips hence why its screwed on

tbh i'd get shot of it unless u get it properly checked out and its not bent in anyway

nar m8 its not bent also i had a machanic give it a full service plus odd repairs the usual clutch gear box lights etc. but i just think it looks ugly with rusty screws.

dathers
21-11-04, 04:53 AM
Sounds like its been repaired after a smash with non genuine wings,they just dont fit properly.
Replace the front wings with proper GM ones.
Pattern parts are cheap,but whats the point if they dont fit?
Dave

Aragorn
21-11-04, 12:06 PM
i still dont see why the bumper would have been screwed on unless all the clips are broken due to a smash - and if its been repaired by screwing the bumper on i would be doubting the garages ability to perform a safe repair

even pattern wings have the correct mounting points for the bumpers brackets

start by removing the bumper and front wings and have a good look for bent metal or cracked paint work all round the front end, if its all fine get some real GM wings and fit them along with a new bumper (from a higher model would be a better ideal too - ie GSI)

that should sort it assuming nothings bent