PDA

View Full Version : Caterham flywheel and AP racing clutch fitting

Glytch
17-11-04, 09:28 AM
Ive got a 20XE to drop into my nova when I find the rest of the parts I need. I?ve decided to get an F20 gearbox for it and I need a flywheel as well. It makes sense then (seeings as ive already got a runaround) to buy performance parts for it and slowly build it up.

I?ve seen a Caterham 184mm / 7.25" AP Racing lug drive clutch and lightened flywheel for sale. The add says its come off an XE and is suitable for many gearboxes with the right driven plate.
The sale includes a 3.5kg Flywheel approx, AP Racing Clutch Cover with spring and a Pressure Plate.
The sintered driven plate is included but needs replacing.
The driven plate is a 1"x23 spline AP Racing part no CP2012-165FM3.
The flywheel and pressure plate need facing off for the new driven plate.

The question is, what else do I need to fit this to a standard crank and F20 box?
Im guessing the flywheel will go straight on but I aint very clued up about the other parts.
Ive been told that I will need the appropriate driven plate to get the correct spline for the input shaft on the F20 gearbox but that?s gobbledygook to me.
Ive also been told that I may need a different release bearing to the standard F20 one?
Can any body shed some light on it?
If im gonna buy it I need to know what else I need to do, how easy it is to do and how much (roughly) it will cost.
Oh ye, and how much you reckon to face off the fly wheel for the new driven plate?

Glytch
18-11-04, 12:31 AM
*coughs* Ahem *coughs*

Glytch
19-11-04, 05:30 PM
It's kinda lonely here by myself :(

j1400
19-11-04, 05:35 PM
Think the best thing would be to get on to a AP dealer and ask them about it. You'll find that a 7.25" clutch set up is very on off as it has a very high clamping pressure, but increabley good for reving cause it's so small.