PDA

View Full Version : K&N And HT leads

Anonymous
12-12-01, 09:29 PM
If final got round to ordering my 8.5 mm HT lead and K&N 57i Kit for my nova SRI im hopefully fiting it this weekend. how much power increase should i get (bearing in mind the HT leads look like they have never been changed) also any fitting advice will b welcome thanxs
Jatinder

Anonymous
12-12-01, 09:34 PM
Should come wit all instuctions. Both really easy jobs! About 1-2bhp? Have fun!

Anonymous
13-12-01, 02:22 AM
becarefull with the extra 1bhp, its getting icy out there

my philopshy (spelling) is to stop farting about with namby pamby engine mods that do feck all and save the money for summit big that does (carbs/heads/cams/etc)

ht leads/spark plugs and for the best part airfilters are overated dollop.

Micky@novaload.net

Anonymous
13-12-01, 10:05 AM
the only goin u will get will be noise...which is nice...

you'll probably get your car back to it's original 82bhp with them mods...remember, the engine's old now ;)

www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

Red mk2 on white GSi 15s

Anonymous
13-12-01, 01:54 PM
i agree, farty mods dont really make much diff and they cost a bomb e.g. splitfire leads+plugs ood part of ?100 cost a bomb and by personal experience they a sshhhhiiittteeee.

Anonymous
13-12-01, 06:49 PM
yeah but im on a limited budget and ive only had the car a month

Anonymous
13-12-01, 09:43 PM
what about dizzy cap and arm? or is it dis?
do an ecu reset too

16v Nova - Toolkit, Trouble, Points and great expence all come as standard :)

2.0 16v back soon :D

Anonymous
14-12-01, 12:33 AM
Yep....like ste says.....just a simple service can make a huge difference if it's not been done in ages.

I disagree about the usefulness of air-filters though.....on my 1.3, I noticed a lot of difference when I fitted the K&N......the pic-up and mid-range pulling power difference was very noticeable, plus it was miles better on the motorway.
Saying that though, I did fit the peco centre section at the same time, so I suppose the difference was a combination of mods and not just the filter on it's own.

Anonymous
16-12-01, 07:25 PM
id say u will get an extra 5-6bhp by adding the k+n, new leads/dizzy cap/rotor arm etc!