PDA

View Full Version : 22.6mm Master cylinder - any ideas!?

fleming
16-11-04, 11:30 PM
Have just taken my 2.0 16v off the road for the winter am about to give the brakes a complete overhaul.

I've got all the astra GTE discs and calipers already with braided hoses, uprated pads, large servo etc but i want to upgrade the original master cylinder as the brakes are still pretty shite!

I read AGES ago and have looked along way back through the forums....that a 22.6mm bore master cylinder was fitted to a cavalier and it fits directy onto a nova. (i.e the same mounting holes.) This is what i want to put on my nova but im dammed if i can find out what cavalier it was fitted to. Apparantly it looks identical to the 20mm one but with '22' stamped on the end.

Any one got any ideas, or any other suggestions?

Any help is much appreciated.

Ste_Nova
17-11-04, 05:49 PM
2.0 8v 4x4

fleming
17-11-04, 08:17 PM
Chrs for that, is that any particular year or any 2.0 8v 4x4. Am i right in saying that this will just bolt on?

YellowTurbo
19-11-04, 09:59 AM
Let us know if you get anywhere with that becuase i want to do the same thing, i was told that the 22mm M/C was fitted on astra/cav diesels and that would bolt straight onto a nova, i didnt even know they did a 2.0 8v 4x4 cav :o

Ste_Nova
19-11-04, 11:47 AM
4x4 non abs afaik

Stuart
19-11-04, 11:51 AM
yep, non ABS is vital, unless your doing a replumb of the system and running an inline rear bias valve.

or get a pedal box :-)

dathers
21-11-04, 04:50 AM
I got mine from a mk2 astra gte 16v non abs,
You have to take the bracket off the back of the servo and bolt the nova bracket on,it will bolt straight to the nova now,but wont connect to the actuating bar in the car,you have to saw the end bit off the old nova one and weld it on the new astra one,easy job.
Dave

fleming
21-11-04, 08:38 PM
You're talkin about the servo dathers surely, not the master cylinder!? Im enquiring about the master cylinder to bolt onto the original TD servo.

Many thanks tho people will try and hunt down the MS.

dathers
21-11-04, 09:39 PM
Im using the master cylinder and servo from the astra,the braket on the back of the astras servo has to be replaced with the nova one,then the pushrod modded to fit.
Im using both the master cylinder and servo as the MS is 22.6mm which is bigger than standard nova one,and the servo is much bigger aswell.
Dave

fleming
22-11-04, 07:57 PM
Ah i see, i thought there was a master cylinder (22.6mm or 22.2mm) which bolted directly onto the original TD/GSI servo?

Maybe STE's 2.0 8V 4x4 Non ABS master cylinder will bolt to the original servo!!??