PDA

View Full Version : nova sport air filter question (irmscher air box)

Bibby
16-11-04, 08:54 PM
ok i have a sport engine, well 2 to be precise, complete, and only one airfilter, as im using one of these in my own motor, im looking to find out where i can buy a new air filter for the irmscher air box, and no i dont want to fit trumpets and just use trumpet socks
im looking a maker/ brand or distribuitor for this air filter for the irmscher air box and if anyone out there has any useful information, it would be very much appreciated

benji
16-11-04, 09:28 PM
sorry to hijack, but does anyone know what advantages there are to fitting the sport air box instead of trumpets?

p.s. ring demon tweeks and tel them what you have and dimensions. they will sort you out, or point you in the right direction

dunova
16-11-04, 09:35 PM
I think using the irmscher air box is supposed to give a slightly better torque output, but i'm not sure i believe that :?

benji
16-11-04, 10:10 PM
i don't know if i prefer how it looks? airbox or trumpets?

Bibby
16-11-04, 10:12 PM
no offence, but thats not the point of this post, the point is, i have a sport engine, so i am using the airbox, where do i get a new air filter for it?

benji
16-11-04, 10:36 PM
read my post mate, i said demon tweeks. or ring K+N, jetex, green, ram air,

whoever you speak to you will need the dimensions of the filter you require, they won't have one on the shelf.

try searching for png nova sport on yahoo. they had a list of sport parts and where to get them

Snowface
17-11-04, 10:03 AM
you're still meant to use trumpets when you use an air box you know.

Meant to leave about 50mm gap between end of trumpet and box.

a11ova
17-11-04, 06:26 PM
I used to have a irmy box on a set of twin 40's on my old nova sr, and it made more power without the airbox than with it!! I got the K&N filter from smart car in nottingham so try there!

:twisted: :twisted:

Bibby
17-11-04, 07:46 PM
ok, it's not the power im after, it's the look as it is a genuine airbox, engine, webbers etc etc,
as for using trumpets with the irmscher airbox, well neither of my engines have them or have ever had them, as the genuine irmscher air box will not fit on with trumpets!! simply because it is supposed to bolt straight onto the manifold,

*novadose*
18-11-04, 01:57 AM
fancy selling one of the enigines :P

benji
18-11-04, 07:49 AM
you can be youu 1.4 if you want, pm me if you are serious

*novadose*
18-11-04, 10:24 AM
Was that directed at me? It makes no sense.....

benji
18-11-04, 05:41 PM
hmm, i'm sure i typed 'you can buy my' 1.4. i should check my messages before i press submit

*novadose*
18-11-04, 11:32 PM
does it come with loom, inlet outlet manifolds and everything else to drop it straight into a 1.2? mileage? carb or injection?

benji
19-11-04, 07:45 AM
it's a 1.4nv botom end with a c14se head, t40's and a piper 285 cam. 108bhp last time i had it setup, and i did a 15.9 1/4 mile. you can drop it straight in a 1.2 no probs. make me a offer if interested

*novadose*
19-11-04, 11:02 AM
*drools* ill gte back to you in a week or so when i get paid but if i could get insured (havent passed my test yet, got it in a couple of weeks,lol) I would....