PDA

View Full Version : F28 Fitting Kit... Which one?

NovaNeil
16-11-04, 07:45 PM
Hi, Im looking to buy an F28 fitting kit (both the FWD conversion and the parts to fit it into a Nova) Can anyone recommend the best kit? I've seen the M-Tech one for about ?375.... Is that the best? or are there others?

Cheers

Neil

Rick Draper
16-11-04, 11:32 PM
Hi, Im looking to buy an F28 fitting kit (both the FWD conversion and the parts to fit it into a Nova) Can anyone recommend the best kit? I've seen the M-Tech one for about ?375.... Is that the best? or are there others?

Cheers

Neil

I would go now for a self fabricated kit, TBH the Mtech kit is shit, my mate cut mine up and started again as no 2 novas are the same. Buy a FWD conversion kit for the F28 and make the mount yourself. Rick

Ben
17-11-04, 09:22 AM
Ive heard a lot of people having to change the premade mounts as they never fit.

NovaNeil
17-11-04, 12:29 PM
Ok, cheers guys.... Rick, have you got a pic you could post of the Mount that needs fabricating please???

Cheers

Neil

Chris
17-11-04, 06:49 PM
I priced the FWD conversion kit up last week, the cheapest place I found was Cossvaux at sheffield, priced at ?85.

Chris

rodgerq
17-11-04, 08:52 PM
heres a few

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/rodgerq/f28mount.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/rodgerq/f28mount2.jpg

the above 2 use a front drivers side mount welded onto the chassis leg of the passenger side then an intermediate mount made as you can see.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/rodgerq/f28inanovamount.jpg

this one is where someone has welded the chassis leg from a cav into the leg of the nova and used the original cav mount.

rodgerq

rodgerq

R1CH
17-11-04, 11:21 PM
If you can, make your own.
I made a mount to weld on the chassis leg to hold the std Calibra rubber mount, then made up another to join the box to the rubber mount.
At first i used the drivers side engine mount & rubber then made up a mount to join the two (like the 2 top pics) but there seemed to a fair bit of side to side play for some reason, even with new rubber mounts !?
I'd reccomend using the Calibra rubber mount if you can.

Rich

rodgerq
17-11-04, 11:51 PM
If you can, make your own.
I made a mount to weld on the chassis leg to hold the std Calibra rubber mount, then made up another to join the box to the rubber mount.
At first i used the drivers side engine mount & rubber then made up a mount to join the two (like the 2 top pics) but there seemed to a fair bit of side to side play for some reason, even with new rubber mounts !?
I'd reccomend using the Calibra rubber mount if you can.

Rich

i'll be using a modded TAS drivers side mount so side to side play should be an issure, but yeah i agree with you on it being an issure with the standard mount as they arent designed to stop end play.

rodgerq

NovaNeil
18-11-04, 12:52 PM
Thanks alot mate, thats awesome. One last question.... Is it just that mount that needs modding? What about the rear one? And does the box fool on anything?

Cheers

Neil

rodgerq
18-11-04, 07:16 PM
Thanks alot mate, thats awesome. One last question.... Is it just that mount that needs modding? What about the rear one? And does the box fool on anything?

Cheers

Neil

i think theres a bit that needs ground off the back mount, hard to explain but you will see it when you offer it up. it also needs spaced like the f20 and the box needs holes drilling and tapping to a larger size to take the mount bolts.

rodgerq