PDA

View Full Version : Which is Louder (Exhaust Question)

NovaNeil
15-11-04, 07:16 PM
Hi, Just wondering.....

If you have a straight through centre section (no silencer) Will the car be louder if you have

a) One back box,

b) Twin back boxes.... IE: The systems splits in two and you have two boxes (like Al wilsons car)

Cheers

Philsutton
15-11-04, 07:21 PM
the loudest exhaust ive had on my car is the twin one i have on now, that has 3 siliencers on and it is fairly loud. I had a straight through one with one back box on before an that wasnt really very loud at all.

Nick
15-11-04, 09:23 PM
the centre silencer does nothing at all. if you look at it , it has about 3 holes inside it :-D

i would presume twin backboxes would make a louder noise, but maybe not.

in effect it may be like having two silencers, but then again, the backbox wont be silencing it much.

Nova-Flair
16-11-04, 07:07 PM
in my experience the twins are louder but it would all deopend on the diameter/shape of the tailpipe etc

david dixon
16-11-04, 07:12 PM
It also depends on the type of back box's it is, if they silencer back box's it wont be to bad!

NovaNeil
16-11-04, 07:36 PM
I mean the Back boxes are exactly the same.... as in Just the one.... then two exactly the same as the one... if that made sense

Anyhow, you've confirmed my theory..... cheers guys.

Neil

Aragorn
17-11-04, 09:25 AM
i would think the twin system would be quieter since there is less airflow and hence noise going thru each box then it would follow that if each box absorbed the same amount of sound then the twin system would be quieter

Dpnova
17-11-04, 09:46 AM
i have twins and there not silly loud but they do chirp quite nicely

novamadcars
22-11-04, 04:58 AM
all ive got at the moment is a 5inc rage back box and it not 2 loud but gives off a nice deep sound

a11ova
22-11-04, 10:47 AM
nice set of twins :D

:twisted: :twisted: