PDA

View Full Version : Mapping/Setting up...

Ben
15-11-04, 12:10 PM
Im not asking how just where (hence not in Technical)

Anyone got any good experiences of getting Cars mapped/setup.

(Scottish people need not reply)

NovaNeil
15-11-04, 07:35 PM
What is it you want setting up? Have you got management? or do you just want an FSE boast valve playing about with and the timing sorted???

Need more info......

DrivingSpanner
15-11-04, 07:41 PM
full map you want done??? i've heard that cambridge on here is pritty damn hot

Stuart
15-11-04, 08:11 PM
when, where the fcuk was that heard? lol

mech repairs arent too bad, but then agian my mate did have Richard Ragg map the omex system in his rally 309 lol.

ummmm id stay away fro interpro, but you could go there as a "get out of poo" setup. other than that head est to reading/swindon. i hear theres a few good ones there

Ben
16-11-04, 08:45 AM
Interpro are booked up until after xmas so were off to SBD :lol:

DrivingSpanner
16-11-04, 08:50 AM

i thought that you mapped a 1.4 16valver on here!!!

j1400
16-11-04, 09:02 AM
Noble motorsport in chesterfield are rather good.

P.S you can't really map "on the road" like SBD do simpley becuase you can't gget to all the map points you need to.

Stuart
16-11-04, 10:14 AM
ive helped map etc but yes i was involved a bit with a 1.4 16V, but MC did most of that work as i didnt have the time

and mapping on the road is a nice realistic setup as opposed to hitting each point on the rollers. as in many cases you'll only use a band of the map on the road E.G. how often will you be at 7000 rpm at 5% throttle opening or 100% throttle at idle speed and so on

an RR is a good baseline but the ideal setup comes from on the road mapping.

Ojc
16-11-04, 10:20 AM

mech repairs arent too bad, but then agian my mate did have Richard Ragg map the omex system in his rally 309 lol.

ummmm id stay away fro interpro, but you could go there as a "get out of poo" setup. other than that head est to reading/swindon. i hear theres a few good ones there

The only place I know in Reading and surrounding area is a place in Tadley, they sell Omex and Jenvey stuff, there name escapes me at the moment.

Let me do some digging.

Ojc
16-11-04, 10:25 AM
Dynatec in Tadley, they have a website but I can't find it.

Ojc
16-11-04, 10:27 AM
Dynotec in Tadley, they have a website but I can't find it.

Found it ;)

www.dynotec.co.uk